Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satanist

I received vouchers from work for being last months BOB (best of the best*) so have just pre-ordered Fallout 4 and Star Wars games on Amazon.

*Yes my workmates are THAT bad
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Tiplodocus

Good work.   I got one a few months back. The only places I could spend it were places where I might buy a set of matching luggage or Argos, where I could get a New 3DS XL.

Guess which John HIggins ended up drawing Dredd on?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Satanist on 26 October, 2015, 01:43:33 PM
I received vouchers from work for being last months BOB (best of the best*) so have just pre-ordered Fallout 4 and Star Wars games on Amazon.

*Yes my workmates are THAT bad

What Star Wars games?
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Satanist

Battlefront on PS4 but its also on Xbox One and PC.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Satanist

Definitely Not Mister Pops

In my youth, my wordly wise Father gave me advice that never really sunk in until today.

"There's no satisfaction that can match that of a job well done."

Welp, over a decade later, that advice has finally sunk in. I was in work at 6am this morning to take in a huge order, before having to put up Xmas decorations. When I finished, I left a beautifully organised keg-store and a very Christmassy bar. The feeling of satisfaction didn't sink in until I got home to take a shower. At the risk of descending into Mayor Post territory, I got a perverse sense of self satisfaction watching the gross murky colour of the shower water swirling down the shower drain. I thought to myself, "Ye did well Pops, ye did bloody well!"
You may quote me on that.

staticgirl

Good for you. It is actually a really nice feeling.

Professor Bear

Conversely, I once skived at work for the entire day, and I've never been prouder.

TordelBack

First mince pie of the season last night!  Sadly it was a rather bland Lidl effort, but at least I've broken my duck.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Tordelback on 25 November, 2015, 01:22:53 PM
First mince pie of the season last night!  Sadly it was a rather bland Lidl effort, but at least I've broken my duck.

I'll have to check in with my brother to see what his current tally is - he's a mince pie addict and has been known to scoff a couple of dozen a day as he gets near to Christmas. (yes, he is a tad overweight  :D)

Old Tankie

TordelBack

Old Tankie

Yep! And their wine is pretty good! oh and don't get me started on the chocolate!!!

Devons Daddy

I only indulge on the FESTIVE FIRST!!! mince pie wise,
personally i prefer to bag a Brace of the luxury boxes from the Marks and Spencers estate.
by doing so it makes them taste all the sweeter.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!