Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

I only managed a bit of Sunday afternoon at Vegfest in Glasgow but it was great.  It's really nice to be in a room with so many like minded people.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

I've had my first day off in almost a month, and my first none-homeless day off in almost five.

I slept in till after twelve, had a big carvery dinner in my local, strolled down to the beach and had a coffee and a pint of guinness in the seaside hotel.

You appreciate simple pleasures so much more when you spend a bit of time without them.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

I'm really happy for you, JBC. I understand completely and wish you all the very best. More (thrill) power to you!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Well now this is quite nice. The first time in...18 months? Where I've had two days off in a row without running around silly. I swear, I love scuba diving but it can't half be a faff! So seeing as I'm on a 'wind down period' (codename for work reducing my hours to an absolute minimum because I leave the dump soon) I decided to make a day trip of it and tried to see how I could sheer some commute time off my new job. Got it down from 2 hours a day to 1 hour 15 minuet. So now I'm enjoying a coffe and a copy of Copra Round One inside the afflecks after a nice brows in Travelling Man.

Sometimes you just have to have a day to yourself. Cheers lads!

Something Fishy

The Legendary Shark

Nice one, Hawkie - glad you're having fun!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Colin Zeal

The other is taking me to Forbidden Planet today to buy my birthday present. And there may be a bloke in my local who has a 2000AD collection that he wants to get rid of. Unclear yet how much cash he may want but looks promising, and even better he only lives a few streets away so won't have to go far to collect if it goes through.

JayzusB.Christ

I noticed with sadness quite a few new grey hairs in the mirror earlier today.  Hours later I braced myself as I looked in the mirror of the lift in my block, only to realise it was paint I'd gotten in my hair.  I'M A YOUNG MAN, I TELL YOU.  A YOUNG, YOUNG MAN. VERY YOUNG INDEED

Mardroid

I noticed some light coloured hairs which I told myself were blond.

In my defence, I have got blond hairs in the past. I actually was blond as a kid, and my hair to darker as I got older*. It used to happen if I spent quite a while in the sun.

On closer inspection this time... I think I might be kidding myself.

Still, I'm not doing too badly for someone my age. Apart from the hair falling out which started in my early twenties I believe.**

*That which didn't fall out.**

**But that's another grumble.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Mardroid on 18 April, 2016, 10:00:23 PM
I noticed some light coloured hairs which I told myself were blond.

In my defence, I have got blond hairs in the past. I actually was blond as a kid, and my hair to darker as I got older*. It used to happen if I spent quite a while in the sun.

On closer inspection this time... I think I might be kidding myself.

This is very much true for me too.  My mental age has about 23 years of catching up to do with my physical one.

maryanddavid

, I was starting to go grey at 18, but much to my brothers annoyance I have managed to hold onto it!

JayzusB.Christ

My brother lost his too; previously having had near-waist-length dreadlocks.  He really didn't seem too bothered though.

Something Fishy

Must admit I am going quite grey now but I'm nearly 45,it doesn't seem too early.