Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Quote from: maryanddavid on 18 April, 2016, 11:06:52 PM
I was starting to go grey at 18

About 20 years old for me with the greyness. Which wasn't fun, but I've never felt the urge to reach for the Grecian 2000 (do they still make that...?). Nearing 48, and I've still got all my hair, so that's good.

Link Prime

Quote from: Spikes on 19 April, 2016, 08:28:01 PM
About 20 years old for me with the greyness. Which wasn't fun, but I've never felt the urge to reach for the Grecian 2000 (do they still make that...?)

Yes. Yes they do. How do I know?
Hrrrm...yeah...

Yeah, I did kinda trail off there, didn't I?   :-[

Dandontdare

My hair is till brown, but my beard went white very quickly - at first it was dark at the sides and under the chin, with just a grey tuft right on my chin, which i always thought looked kinda cool, till John Wagner saidd I should change my forum name to "McGruderbeard"

I always check at each haircut and the top's thinning but still intact - beating both my brothers on that front!

TordelBack

I didn't mind going grey, mainly because anything is more respectable than a ginger beard, but the top has now thinned horribly and I don't care for that one bit, even though I'm a 2mm habitué. Still, at least I take some pride in never dyeing, unlike both my younger brothers, and I've never gone the desperate comb over route, unlike my Dad. I'm an old fart and proud.

Dark Jimbo

Both my younger brothers have started getting grey hairs in their mid-to-late twenties. I've yet to have one and already passed the big 3-0. This is a source of unending hilarity to me.
@jamesfeistdraws

The Legendary Shark

My beard is white. My chest/arm/leg/pubic hairs are dark brown and white. My head hair is brown, white and falling out. I look like a discarded scoop of vanilla ice cream with gravel in it.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Mattofthespurs

Thinning on top since my early 30's, and I'm now approaching 48 but it hasn't changed much. Being six foot 4 I don't really care because very few people are taller than me and can see it.
Clumps of grey in my beard and at my temples but I think that looks distinguished (well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

Hawkmumbler

Still throughly ginger (and turquoise). That being said my hair, as tough as cheese wire it may be, can come out in slightly copies amounts in the shower. But it grows back ridiculously quickly so that's alright for now.

My one gripe is the fact I have two crowns, and if I don't comb it properly it looks conspicuously like a bald spot!

Theblazeuk

Meh I've had a few grey hairs since I was 18 and they've only got more at the temples in the pursuing decade.

Lots of gingers on here apparently..  ::)

NapalmKev

My mum and her three sisters all turned pure grey at the age of 16! My older brother started losing his hair in his mid-twenties! I'm 38 and have thick long blonde hair down to my arse! I do have white hairs in my beard which is ok because it makes me look like a clown distinguished.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

von Boom

I'm still mostly ginger, but whitening at the temples. I found my first white eyebrow hair the other day. It didn't stay long. I hope they don't come in too slowly or else I'll look like a seal from plucking them out.  :o

Tiplodocus

I still have a full head of pretty much original colour hair but my beard grows in as ginger and grey which just makes people think I dye my hair.

Additionally, the rest of my body hair appears to be migrating in an attempt to join up.   As I get older and fatter, I look more and more like a testicle when I go to the swimming baths.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

von Boom

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 21 April, 2016, 12:20:26 PM
Additionally, the rest of my body hair appears to be migrating in an attempt to join up.   As I get older and fatter, I look more and more like a testicle when I go to the swimming baths.

That's an image that's going to stay with haunt me. *shudder*

Colin Zeal

I've got a few grey hairs creeping at age of 35. The men in my family tend to go grey rather bald, which I'm pleased about.

Goaty

Today is last day at work and in Newcastle, well it hadn't hit me yet!