Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davgardo

Quote from: djbawbag on 14 June, 2016, 10:35:37 PM
Can someone suggest the best Doomsday reading order?

Some of us haven't read this stuff before, and the scheduling is a bit mental.
The first volume came out nine months (!) ago and had obvious gaps in the storyline.
The second volume starts with a prologue to the main story!
Daft.

I'll have a bash:

DforMC1 Bad Frendz
DforD Beyond the Call of Duty
DforMC1 Worst of Frendz, Scorpion Dance, Gunplay, Contract, Narcos Connection pt 1-2
DforD Return of the Assassin pt 1-2
DforMC1 Narcos Connection pt 3
DforD Return of the Assassin pt 3-6
DforMC1 Narcos Connection pt 4
DforD Return of the Assassin pt 7, The Trial, Trial of Strength
DforMC1 Doomsday pt 1
DforD War Games pt 1-2
DforMC1 Doomsday pt 2
DforD War Games pt 3-7
DforMC1 Doomsday pt 3
DforD Endgame pt 1-4
DforMC1 Doomsday pt 4
DforD Endgame pt 5
DforMC1 Volt Face

Chopping and changing from one volume to the other may not be to everyone's taste, but this is roughly the release order (I think!)

Southstreeter

Let's hope the Case Files put it in some sort of logical order!

Steve Green

Heh, who knew you were getting a choose your own adventure?

abelardsnazz

wow. For a first post Davgardo, that's pretty awesome. Welcome aboard.

Davgardo

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 16 June, 2016, 11:55:23 PM
wow. For a first post Davgardo, that's pretty awesome. Welcome aboard.

Thanks very much! I've been dipping in and out of this thread for a while, searching for updates on this, frankly stunning, collection (as I don't 'do' Facebook). As I'd already done a running order on a spreadsheet (yes, I'm that sad) and as someone requested it I thought it time I took the plunge!

Personal favourites so far: Trifecta, Mandroid and the recent PJ Maybe collection.
I've only really been disappointed by The Heavy Mob and Klegg Hai: I don't think anyone really needed reprints of Brit Cit Brute or The Corps. Did they?

TordelBack

Link Prime

Trent

Davgardo covered it rather well although, for practical purposes I would go as he indicates but then read DFD stories up to Trial of Strength, then the Meg story The Connection followed by either Wargames/Endgame or Doomsday and rounded off with Volt Face.
To round it all off (as far as the Mega Collection is concerned) then read Satan's Island for the continuation of the Orlok plotline.

Judge Brian

Quote from: Trent on 14 June, 2016, 08:20:23 PM
I tried the same approach Brian but have struggled to part with any trades that even have a single tale that is not included in the Collection volume. Luckily the size of most volumes is greater than most pre-existing trades so it is rarely an issue as they generally have even more content.
Love this series, look forward to the next two due in the next week and still hope for an extension as much because I just don't want it to end as much as for the content itself!

I looked through my Endgame volumes & the hardcover is missing a bit in the front, but has extra in the back (Bow-chicka-bow-wow)

abelardsnazz

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 15 May, 2016, 09:08:40 PM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 15 May, 2016, 05:50:24 PM
Quote from: abelardsnazz on 15 May, 2016, 05:44:07 PM
And some Ron Smith classics to round off the volume, which a lot of people have been asking for. Hoping the collection will include more of these, such as... the original Nosferatu story - the Total War volume has already included the sequel.

The Total War follow-up is actually the sequel to the Megazine Nosferatu story by Wagner and Hicklenton - they're both about the same creature. The Nosferatu in the Ron Smith story doesn't make it out alive!

Ah, ok. Hopefully they'll reprint the Hicklenton story too.

The Facebook page has posted the cover for issue 38, the second Low Life volume. Credited are Rob Williams, D'Israeli, Henry Flint and Smudge. Presume this will collect all the remaining LL stories, but Henry Flint's have already appeared. Any ideas?

The Henry Flint story in the second Low Life volume is the Titan episodes of the Titan/Enceladus arc - which means I'll have acquired those episodes twice within a week, the GN of that arc having just landed! Bought that as I didn't think any of Titan/Enceladus was going to appear in the MC.

Apestrife

Didn't expect Titan to show up, and especially not this close to the tpb!

It'll probably leave out the rest of it. Makes for a nice ending to Nixon's story. I wonder if it'll include the christmas story as well, the one where Frank wonders what became of Nixon post DOC. Wouldn't mind that :)

Trent

Has anyone seen these yet? I moved to Lancashire on Monday and am not sure if my mail redirect will cover it. Expected them today at the latest based on past experience.

COMMANDO FORCES

The latest two have just been delivered to the Cellar.

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Apestrife on 20 June, 2016, 09:35:44 PM
Didn't expect Titan to show up, and especially not this close to the tpb!

It'll probably leave out the rest of it. Makes for a nice ending to Nixon's story. I wonder if it'll include the christmas story as well, the one where Frank wonders what became of Nixon post DOC. Wouldn't mind that :)

The stories in the volume are:

Creation
Jive Turkey
Hostile Takeover
The Deal
Titan

Jive Turkey is the pre-DOC Christmas story, still a lot of fun.

Anything of note in Inferno, other than the title story and Purgatory?

Steve Green

Read somewhere it includes Frankenstein Division and Death Aid.