Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

The blurb on the back of my Issue 41 (Volume 33) reads as follows:
THE DAY THE LAW DIED.

CITY OF THE DEAD

With Dredd having taken the Long Walk into the Cursed Earth, Justice Department needs a replacement, a judge to wear the badge that has become a symbol for so many in the metropolis. That weight of responsibility falls upon Kraken, a clone of the Fargo bloodline, about whom Dredd has had his doubts. As it turns out, these concerns are not unwarranted, for a supernatural evil is about call [sic] across the dimensions and influence Kraken into initiating one of the darkest events in Mega-City One's history...
A stunning epic from Judge Dredd creators John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra that sees a ghastly shroud cast over the entire city and a body count in the millions as the terrifying Sisters of Death shape their macabre masterpiece!
Not about Judge Cal, then? Or are Reigellian Hotshots on their way to Hachette?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Monarch

I'm named after the venture bros villian you do have a point mind you in the oddness of some decisions  i do think it was mentioned theres a few more cursed earth books to come (we are def getting sleeze and ruder and i would be shocked harke and burr aren't part of the collection too since i believe almost everything megazine is in this series)

Also was genuinly amused at the blurb screw up

IndigoPrime

It's the Necropolis blurb. I suspect soneone's doing these by saving a file and then working on the next. It's a good lesson to always work from templates.

TordelBack

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 August, 2016, 07:18:10 PM
It's the Necropolis blurb. I suspect soneone's doing these by saving a file and then working on the next. It's a good lesson to always work from templates.

Testify. A painfully learned lesson in my own practice.

moldovangerbil

And also a prime example of the value of having someone else sense checking your work.

BPP

Cal hab Justice?

Again?

Lordy.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

abelardsnazz

The Day the Law Died is Wagner fully finding his feet with Dredd on the first epic he wrote solo, with a who's who line-up of classic Dredd artists. Brilliant stuff.

Helter Skelter I thought was a bit muddled, but I like the idea of the Fiends of the Eastern Front still on the loose somewhere in MC-1.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: BPP on 05 August, 2016, 10:12:54 PM
Cal hab Justice?
Again?
Lordy.
Mm. I'm not sure this one really deserves another outing, but there you go. Still, at least it's better then much of the dreck that stank up the Heavy Squad volume.

Skullmo

Quote from: BPP on 05 August, 2016, 10:12:54 PM
Cal hab Justice?

Again?

Lordy.

Will this be the who of cal hab?

Did it all get reprinyed in the floppies?
It's a joke. I was joking.

Richard

Igor Goldkind wrote two good stories for the solo Judge Hershey stories. Those deserve to be in the Mega Collection. A Game of Dolls and The Harlequin's Dance.

(The last panel of the last episode of Dolls looks like there's a speech bubble missing, so they'd need to sort that out.)

The Monarch

Trent

Hope to get the next two within the next week. Questions are what is in the Taxidermist volume other than Sardini and Darren Dead (leaves 20 to 40 pages short on normal count) and will Half Life include Lucid which pushes the page count but should be in there and felt a bit odd stopping short of it in Psi Files 4?

Buttonman

The Taxidermist and Half Life books came today. Half life is a treat of Ranson filled loveliness. Stories included are Half Life, WMD and  City of Dead. There is also a covers and pin up gallery and a Molcher feature. Taxidermist has Original, Return, Revenge and then a few randoms on a zombie theme such as Zombies, Harry Sheemer Mon Amour, Meet Darren Dead, Darren Dead : Eats Shoots and Kills , Night of the Rad Beast, Bob Zombie and covers along with another Molcher piece.

IndigoPrime

I should probably check behind the bins for the next few days, then, since that's where Royal Mail here keeps leaving the things. Good to know the books are a decent set this month.

The Monarch

Wierd taxidermist has random zombie themed stories in it....surely this volume would be perfect for olmpic/sport themed tales