Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

I thought the same on the Darren Dead story.  Wasn't blown away first time round.  Reading the intro I can see why, the focus in the volume is the Mega City Way of Death and post death.  That's the way it was sold anyway.  What I don't get is how they did the colour centre spreads for Sardini but not for night of the Rad Beast.  Still repro was better than on last month's Sector House.

robert_ellis

I've just received volumes 42 & 43  but not received "the day the law died" - it's just been skipped over. I'm guessing this is due to the misprinted back cover. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: robert_ellis on 12 August, 2016, 07:51:34 AM
I've just received volumes 42 & 43  but not received "the day the law died" - it's just been skipped over. I'm guessing this is due to the misprinted back cover. Is anyone else in the same boat?

No,
I received 42 & 43 yesterday but I got The Day The Law Died in my previous package.

IndigoPrime

Yep: last month was Day the Law Died (#41/vol 33) and Horror Stories (#40/vol 77).

robert_ellis

Thanks - I'll get Hachette to sort it out. I started reading the Anderson story HalfLife - this is great. I really want to re-read boyhood of a Superfiend to see how it matches!

Trent

Just received my latest batch. Just to clarify for those yet to get it, Half Life does include all the stories in the arc including Lucid which is lovely. A beautiful book and tribute to Arthur Ranson for under a tenner! Also it saves me getting Psi Files 5 as I struggle a little with Boo Cook's art and while Dave Taylors was great the story wasn't.
Art of Taxidermy is a nice volume. The Sardini stories are classic Tooth fare but I agree that the supporting stories might have been more interesting had they gone the sports/pastimes route than death etc. Still we might get one yet to include Citizen Snork and some suitable Simp stories, and again the book is stunning value for money.

IndigoPrime

Out of curiosity, what condition are people's books arriving in of late? I'm now pretty much resigned to one or more corner or spine being crunched. (Taxidermist looks like someone's purposefully dropped it on a corner.)

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 13 August, 2016, 12:57:54 PM
Out of curiosity, what condition are people's books arriving in of late? I'm now pretty much resigned to one or more corner or spine being crunched. (Taxidermist looks like someone's purposefully dropped it on a corner.)

Mine have all be in excellent condition. I find the box very snug with no chance of the volumes moving around and my postman always knocks and hands it to me so no chance of it meeting my kitchen floor with a bump.

Richard

Does Psi Files 5 include the Michael Dowling story?

Trent

Don't believe it does. Best Anderson tale for a while.

robert_ellis

Just read 'The Art of Taxidermy' and was blown away. I remembered the original story in all its gruesome glory. I didn't realise there was a sequel of such magnitude. Ian Gibson is always great but it's the writing I was blown away by. Again I feel bad for ignoring the prog & Meg for so long. Forgive me Tharg. Really great text pieces again.

moldovangerbil

Any premium subscribers had their 3rd print yet?

dweezil2

Quote from: moldovangerbil on 16 August, 2016, 08:47:47 AM

I received my print with volumes 40 and 41 yesterday.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

NapalmKev

Quote from: dweezil2 on 16 August, 2016, 09:11:54 AM
Quote from: moldovangerbil on 16 August, 2016, 08:47:47 AM

I received my print with volumes 40 and 41 yesterday.

Same here. Was waiting for me when I got home.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

The Monarch

Return of the taxidermist is one of the highlights of the megs early years i absolutely adore that story