Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert_ellis

Chief Judges Man is a solid volume. I really can't get over just how good the Colin MacNeil painted art is. It's a shame the Will Simpson strip wasn't painted as I always enjoyed his atmospheric Mega City One. John Burn's stuff has great action & amazing faces - I'm guessing all this stuff is old news for collectors of the CaseFiles?

Trent

Not in the casefiles, these stories won't be reached for quite a while yet.
I suspect quite a few boarders have the Rebellion trade of the Chief Judges Man and the Judge Manners stories were previously collected in a Megazine floppy.

teckno viking

Two arrived this week was "Cursed Earth Carnage" Which I enjoyed & "Heavy Metal Dredd" which bar the Johnny stories I did Not.  Came across more a dregs volume thrown together.

TordelBack

Och I'd love a HB collection of Helltrekkers, but Citi-Def and especially Sleaze'n'Ryder I can be doing without: think I'll save my €15.50 for Chief Judge's Man: not a storyline I rated at the time, but due for a re-appraisal.

The Monarch

I may be angering the board gods....buuuut

Brit cit collection with straight jacket fits in it please?

DarkDaysBish-OP

Quote from: The Monarch on 02 February, 2017, 02:03:18 AM
I may be angering the board gods....buuuut

Brit cit collection with straight jacket fits in it please?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

teckno viking

As they never put "the Raggedy Man" in the CURSED EARTH CARNAGE column (think apt).
How about an Issue with LONG WALK Judges inc McGruders last ride out with Dredd?

Steve Green

I'm not sure what else there is that hasn't already been collected to fill a long walk themed volume?

Judge Minty/The Long Walk?

Snakebite?

Hotdog run - OK, not long walk exactly - maybe a From Cadet to Long Walk theme...

teckno viking

Quote from: Steve Green on 02 February, 2017, 07:13:18 PM
I'm not sure what else there is that hasn't already been collected to fill a long walk themed volume?

Judge Minty/The Long Walk?

Snakebite?

Hotdog run - OK, not long walk exactly - maybe a From Cadet to Long Walk theme...

Oh yeah Hot Dog runs too.

So various Long Walk stories, Raggedy Man, Death of McGruder, Hot Dog Runs with Cadets, Undercity stories  " Justice Beyond and Below" issue?

Trent

I think there is another Cursed Earth volume crying out.
What about Damned Ranger?
The idea of getting CitiDef and Sleeze n' Ryder but not some of these infinitely superior and similarly themed stories annoys me far more than I would ever have imagined when I started to collect this longed for partwork.

BPP

Ah, The Helltreckers... How I love thee.

In the modern era of comics everyone is so precious about characters and keeping them alive despite constant impending peril. Here's classic UK kids comics..... Everyone (or near everyone) dies. Just a question of how. HURRAH.

Despite all the great Dredd (and Dirty Frank) so far this story would be hard to shift from a top 10 of the series. It's just so brilliantly brutal.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Jade Falcon

It certainly is on the Game of Thrones level of body count.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Tony Angelino

I just received my latest two issues in the post (Cursed Earth Carnage and Heavy Metal Dredd).

I had to cancel my subscription with these two.

Overall 'Heavy Metal Dredd' doesn't really appear to be worth reading (even though there are a few Ron Smith illustrated stories lost in amongst the rest) and 'Cursed Earth Carnage' only appears to be worth it for the Helltrekkers (which I remember reading as a kid but wouldn't have rated it as one of the classics).

There has been too much filler reprinted in the Mega Collection. I'll probably just order the odd issue now and again but if I had seen these two volumes sitting in a shop I wouldn't have picked them up.

robert_ellis

Tony, you got through Klegg Hai, Cal Hab & Heavy Mob, only to be defeated by Heavy Metal Dredd? You've hit the wall. Come on you can do it! Less than thirty volumes to go...

Tony Angelino

No I can't do it. It all started off so well too.