Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

The Transformers one seems full of people not receiving issues for months on end, which is odd. Plus the reprint quality is abysmal for the old Marvel stuff. Not so much 'no expense spared' as 'no expense'.

Richard

QuoteWould a 2000AD collection be considered adequate if it didn't include Dredd at all?

No. Not everyone will buy both collections (money and shelf space), and it would be mental if a massive collection of 2000 AD stories didn't contain any stories featuring it's most famous and popular character. It doesn't have to be stories which have already appeared in the Dredd collection.

Mardroid

I guess if it came to it, they could include the more recent Dredd stories in the 2000ad collection. We're still getting good stuff in that regard, after all, and it would be a good advertisement to those who know longer get the prog, or even newcomers enticing them to the foundation comic, so to speak.

Richard

It doesn't have to be just the recent stuff. There are still plenty of very good old stories that aren't in the Dredd collection, e.g. the Graveyard Shift.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Richard on 04 July, 2017, 04:37:12 PM
There are still plenty of very good old stories that aren't in the Dredd collection, e.g. the Graveyard Shift.

...Yet. I bet it turns up in Mad City.
@jamesfeistdraws

Mardroid

Yes, I was thinking about the fact the Mega Collection has been extended, so that may gobble up the rest of the classics.

In an ideal world there'll  be a mixture of both in the 2000ad collection even if it's just a couple of volumes and the rest is devoted to other characters, to save those who collect the Megacollection from double dipping, but we're not really the priority there.. which is fair enough.

robert_ellis

I'd love to see Kenny Who, Cook & Sampson's Anderson, Cullen's Hershey, Otto Sump, Block Judge, Enceladus, Dark Justice, Movie Dredd & Anderson, plus The Cop.

Jade Falcon

Any idea what a 2000ad collection will have?  Lets face it there is a wide variance in styles even among stories we might like.  For instance we have material like Strontium Dog, Ace Trucking, Meltdown Man, Harlem Heroes/Inferno, even old stuff like Shako, Flesh and Invasion.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 05 July, 2017, 02:47:23 AM
For instance we have material like Strontium Dog, Ace Trucking, Meltdown Man, Harlem Heroes/Inferno, even old stuff like Shako, Flesh and Invasion.

Well apart from Stront that's all old stuff!
@jamesfeistdraws

Tomwe

It's official
http://2000ad.com/post/1974

More Dredd for your Cred! Due to high customer demand, the Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection series from Hachette Partworks is to be extended by an additional ten issues!

Already a hit with readers across the country, The Mega Collection has brought together some of the best stories from the four decades of the UK's most famous comic book character.

The ten-issue continuation will allow the collection to include more recent stories as well as classics readers have been clamouring to see reprinted in the deluxe hardcover series.

Every fortnight, subscribers have watched the books' spines form a fascinating rogues' gallery by artist Patrick Goddard and colourist Dylan Teague, showing classic characters from 40 years of Judge Dredd – and the continuation will add more creeps and crime-busters from the mean streets of Mega-City One!

Editor of 2000 AD and The Mega Collection, Matt Smith, said: "As The Mega Collection has been published over the past two years, the response has been brilliant and it's been great to see readers speculating about what stories will be included. It's thanks to the fans that this series has been such a success, so this gives us the chance to round up not just some of the most iconic stories in Dredd's history they've been calling for but also give newer fans the chance to savour some of the modern classics from the past decade."

And current subscribers need not worry – the continuation will automatically follow on with their existing subscription!

Subscribers should contact Hachette Partworks customer services on 0333 300 1510 or judgedredd@jacklinservice.com for information about their subscription.

IndigoPrime

"the continuation will automatically follow on with their existing subscription"

It'd be great if someone from Rebellion would confirm this means all original 80 issues will definitely be fulfilled before the additional 10. (That's how this reads. And Rebellion's been rather stricter about reader-friendliness than Marvel to date anyway – notably with the test-run stuff. I'd hate, though, to see any of 81–90 show up before all the original 80 are dealt with, like what started happening with the Marvel run.)

Personally, while I'm not jumping up and down about the extension in and of itself, it's good to know that the series is popular enough to warrant it continuing. Hell, it's nice to know that it won't just abruptly stop (although that's quite rare in partwork land anyway.)

James Stacey

robert_ellis

Thanks to the MegaCollection I'm now buying the prog & Meg every issue. Now I get who Beeny, Dolman etc are I'm enjoying it so much more. Keep the books coming! I'm not so bothered about a 2000ad collection - I just don't see it feeling cohesive.

IndigoPrime

I think I'd have liked the 2000 AD collection had the books been as chunky (in the test run, they were more like the slimmer Marvel volumes), and if there was a unicorn option of having complete series. I don't really want to 'replace' my full run of Nemesis or Dante with bits and pieces, for example.

robert_ellis

Nemesis & Nikolai Dante are the 2 series I'd like to buy in their entirety in a top end format. A complete collection of hardcovers like Zenith would be cool.