Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marko10174

Some of the out of print books from the Hatchett site are back in print on the site. I just picked up a copy of young death.

abelardsnazz

Obscure question alert. Really enjoying the latest Armitage volume, but I'm certain I remember from the original Megazine printing a double page spread by Sean Phillips (I think) that followed on from the end of First Cut with the letter being written there along with one of the historic Jack the Ripper letters. If I've remembered correctly, this hasn't appeared in either volume. Could it have been from one of the one-off stories that hasn't been reprinted? Told you it was obscure.

abelardsnazz

Enjoyed the first volume of Armitage, an intriguing vision of future Britain that's different enough to Dredd's domain to bring something fresh to the table. It was good to see him appear in Every Empire Falls, hoping for another appearance soon.

Still no news on the extension issues, presumably we'll see something in the New Year. Merry Christmas all.

Jade Falcon

Armitage was a mixed bag in places.  Certainly not the worst one I've ever read but not totally great.  In terms of character attitude he reminds me of a Dreddverse Gene Hunt. :)

Some of the art in the Flashback stories seemed a little murky but I don't know if that was reproduction issues or how it was.  It wasn't too bad.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Jade Falcon

So what's the next couple of volumes. We're nearing the end of the original planned run but we have an extension.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 31 December, 2017, 02:58:01 PM
So what's the next couple of volumes. We're nearing the end of the original planned run but we have an extension.

Issue 78 is Stars of Psi Division
79 Chopper
80 Angel Gang - I'm unsure which stories are yet to be collected, any ideas?

No news on any of the extension volumes yet beyond the tidbits put out on the Thrill-cast when it was announced: a street crime volume, most likely including Crime-Files, more recent Anderson, and Lawless.

EDazzling

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 31 December, 2017, 03:52:23 PM
Issue 78 is Stars of Psi Division
79 Chopper
80 Angel Gang - I'm unsure which stories are yet to be collected, any ideas?

No news on any of the extension volumes yet beyond the tidbits put out on the Thrill-cast when it was announced: a street crime volume, most likely including Crime-Files, more recent Anderson, and Lawless.

I have it in my head, although I'm not sure where it came from, that Gordon Rennie and Lee Carter's Angelic will be in the Angel Gang volume? Apart from that I think your list is all we know about the extension.

moldovangerbil

Are we expecting another free gift with the next 2 books (last print possibly)?  I've just had a look at my account and it's showing the following:

23 December 2017    OutOfStock Letter

Tjm86

It's about the right time for the final print.  I wonder if they did manage to get Bolland to do one like they originally said or they've had to substitute.  This letter might be simply to say that it's running late again.

Wonder as well if the quietude on the extension front is because they've bottled it and changed their minds in light of the mixed response to the announcement.  Have to wait and see.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Tjm86 on 02 January, 2018, 04:04:11 PM
Wonder as well if the quietude on the extension front is because they've bottled it and changed their minds in light of the mixed response to the announcement.  Have to wait and see.

Whilst I am in this for the long run I would not be disappointed if the powers that be decided to end it at 80.
It's been a lovely series but with the Batman partworks starting up along with the tooth one I will be happy to finish this one off.

Jade Falcon

One thing that would be nice to get in the extension in my mind would be Pirates of the Black Atlantic, not essential, but it would have been nice.  Ideally they could have had that in the same volume as Block Mania and Apocalypse War but it was not to be.

Tomwe

Last issue of the original 80!
QuoteFallen Angels
Issue 80

Released: 31/01/2018

The Angel Gang are one of the most feared bunch of murderin', plunderin' psychopaths to emerge from the Texas City rad-wastes. With the ruthless Pa Angel at their head, he and his brutal sons Link, Mean Machine, Junior and Fink are responsible for terrorising the local communities. But before Dredd encountered them, just how did they gain such a chilling reputation?
[\quote]

abelardsnazz

Great cover and credit list, so which stories does it suggest?

I was hoping for the extension, if only to include Pirates of the Black Atlantic and The Graveyard Shift, but at least I'll gain some shelf space....

Jade Falcon

That's an unusual image of Pa Angel. Granted we account for different art styles and we had the image of him younger in the intro story to Finish but it's an odd one. Is it meant to be Paid when younger but before the events of Judge Child.

He looks a bit like Clay from Son's of Anarchy.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 03 January, 2018, 02:07:29 PM
That's an unusual image of Pa Angel. Granted we account for different art styles and we had the image of him younger in the intro story to Finish but it's an odd one. Is it meant to be Paid when younger but before the events of Judge Child.

I think Angelic is a tale about the versions of the Angels from the Stallone film, as Junior is drawn to look like that character rather than the comic version.
@jamesfeistdraws