Main Menu

Davros vs ERs Kerry Weaver - you decide

Started by Adrian Bamforth, 25 June, 2005, 06:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian Bamforth

Losers will be ejected one by one from the disabled fictional character house unless they forget to bring the ramp.

ADE

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/ouch/yourspace/tvvote/" target="_blank">I don't know if the able bodied are allowed to vot

House of Usher

Yes indeed they are allowed to vote. There's a box to tick for disabled/not disabled/prefer not to say.

I have to say I'm a bit of a fan of Kerry Weaver, but I haven't watched ER for quite a while.
STRIKE !!!

Adrian Bamforth

I'm assuming they realise the irony in the fact there's so few strong disabled characters on film & TV they have to accept Davros as officially one of their own. Davros surely encapsulated our inherent twin fears of fascism and the disabled.

Still, good to know they (the people behind the poll) appreciate the South Park humour.

ADE

Floyd-the-k

the able-bodied are able to vote, it just asks you to say wether you're disabled, 'abled' or don't want to say.

longmanshort

I voted for the disabled lesbian shopkeeper from Ballamory - Scotland's most culturally and racially diverse town. It's weird, it's a small fishing village on the west coast of Scotland but you look at the kids tumbling out of the nursery bus in the opening credits and you'd think it was the centre of Brixton!
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Mudcrab

NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Wils

I'm frankly *disgusted* at the omission of Ironside from the nomination list.

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

Richmond Clements

Wils

Also, isn't Hugh Laurie's character in House classed as disabled?

Mudcrab

That's a good point Wils, a shocking omission.

And what about the kitchen staff in that (dark/evil/spooky) hospital thing that Stephen King did? They're cool. Not as cool as Timmy (or Jimmy) but still.

Or the forklift driver that Sam "inhabited" twice in Quantum Leap? (not that I like Quantum Leap at all).

I'm going to leave now and join the "You know you're a geek when..." thread...
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

House of Usher

Sandy out of Crossroads was a bit soppy. And Chris out of Emmerdale isn't a great character either. But more interesting than Sandy.
STRIKE !!!

Richmond Clements

I'm not defending him! Merely pointing out that he was in a wheelchair, honest.

House of Usher

"Merely pointing out that he was in a wheelchair"

lol.

So, not a candidate for Greatest Disabled TV Character, then?

I thought Kenny in 'The Book Group' was pretty great. But there were only two series of that, so I don't think he qualifies either.
STRIKE !!!