Main Menu

That gum you like is going to come back in style -

Started by JOE SOAP, 15 May, 2014, 11:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8-Ball

Great news. I'm off to fetch my Gold Box from the attic. I wonder what the move to Showtime will mean for the general tone of the show, more blood and boobies for the premium cable crowd? It's gonna be a scream come what may. :D
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

I love Twin Peaks and am delighted that it's coming back.

HdE

I'm really interested to see what comes of this, BUT...

I have to say, 2016 is a long way away... and long enough for something to go horribly wrong. There have a been a number of false starts with regards to continuations of the series already. At one stage it was going to be back on another network, then it was going to be a computer game, then it was going to be a graphic novel...

Also, my enthusiasm is a little dampened by my recent re-watch of the whole thing. Season 2 is ALARMINGLY crappy in places, and feels very much like the writers were being told 'just throw anything in that you like until the showrunners come up with a better set of ideas.'

I'm also going to miss Don Davis and Jack Nance.  :'( But then again, if it puts Sherylin Fenn back on TV...
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

JOE SOAP

Quote from: HdE on 07 October, 2014, 12:38:26 AM
There have a been a number of false starts with regards to continuations of the series already. At one stage it was going to be back on another network, then it was going to be a computer game, then it was going to be a graphic novel...

None of those ever involved David Lynch. This does which kind of seals it for everyone.

HdE

Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Toni Scandella

I love Twin Peaks so this is super exciting.  With David Lynch directing it will hopefully much better than the dodgy bits of Season 2 - even if I secretly like quite a lot of Season 2.

PsychoGoatee

I can't wait! David Lynch is one of my favs, and this is a great great platform to get some new Lynch crazy awesomeness out there. And hopefully some extra crazy Coop! (in a good way)

I wonder how much they'll follow up on the ending of the series, I love that, classic horror ending.

ThryllSeekyr

The girls who was Laura Palmer was in some film/biopic about The Beatles and that's worth checking out ;)

Charlie boy

David Lynch has walked away stating Show Time won't put in the money he needs to have it the way he wants it to be, though Show Time's statement seems to be one of them hoping they can get him back. If they can't get Lynch back on I'd be shocked if Frost remains aboard seeing how he has spent years saying he should've backed Lynch a lot more during the last Twin Peaks run.

Colin YNWA

Yeah just heard that on the radio. Disappointing... but then might have saved us from a return that shouldn't have been...

... I still want to find out though...

Link Prime

Very disappointing news over the weekend, but i'm betting (hoping) that they resolve it.

Colin YNWA