Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Cosh on 08 May, 2015, 11:55:00 AM
Quote from: JudgeOiNK! on 08 May, 2015, 11:18:44 AM
Was Farage not meant to leave the party if he lost his seat?
Well, he didn't have a seat to lose in the first place but he's just stood down as leader.

At least something good has come of the whole sorry mess.  He'll probably be back, but I'll enjoy a break from seeing his smug, bigoted face everywhere I look.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dandontdare

yup, and so has Nick Klegg

EDIT - and while I was typing Millitwat has gone too!

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 07 May, 2015, 04:26:32 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 07 May, 2015, 03:54:26 PM
Just and FYI, Shark, as a straight cis-man you don't get a say in matters related in sexual or gender identity...

Hmm... Not so sure about that, Hawk. Isn't it a bit like saying I'm not allowed to have an opinion on whether the Holocaust was bad because I'm not Jewish?

I think Hawk may be saying that sexual and gender identity are not a choice (like your political persuasion is). You are born how you are born and don't have a say in the matter. Hawk is not saying we can't comment.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Famous Mortimer

What a miserable day. Still, perhaps now the Labour Party might be convinced there's better strategy than saying "we'll do what the Tories do, only a little slower".

COMMANDO FORCES

Just a bit of advice If you're gonna riot in the streets, can you please do it in your own streets and damage your own property. Thank you very much!

Professor Bear

Clearly you are new at rioting.

JudgeOiNK!

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 08 May, 2015, 12:27:37 PMAt least something good has come of the whole sorry mess.  He'll probably be back, but I'll enjoy a break from seeing his smug, bigoted face everywhere I look.

This is a quote from the Euronews website:

QuoteFARAGE QUITS... FOR NOW

Nigel Farage has resigned as leader of anti-EU party UKIP after failing in his bid to be elected as an MP.

He adds however that he may stand again as the party's leader in September.

Hope that's clear.

So basically I'm reading that as he hasn't resigned but can't lose (more) face after making the promise.
Blog - http://the-oink-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Twitter - @PhilEdBoyce

hippynumber1

I don't usually post in this thread but always enjoy reading it; I do, however, feel the need to bring home the reality of what has just happened.  It has just been confirmed by our principal that, due to Tory government cuts to Further Education, 237 of my colleagues are to be made redundant, 179 of whom will be teaching and teaching support staff. Only 3 members of Senior Management are going. Well done Britain on voting in a party that clearly doesn't give a fuck about your children's education.

Goaty

Now the Tories have no one else to blame.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Goaty on 08 May, 2015, 04:01:57 PM

Apart from the poor, the immigrants, al Quaida, ISIS, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown etc...
You may quote me on that.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Goaty on 08 May, 2015, 04:01:57 PM
Except Labour. I bet they won't stop, all the way to 2020.

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on 08 May, 2015, 01:05:24 PM
What a miserable day. Still, perhaps now the Labour Party might be convinced there's better strategy than saying "we'll do what the Tories do, only a little slower".
Don't bet on it. I hope the next Labour leader doubles down on progressiveness. My guess is we're heading to a US-style two-party system, gradually shifting right. Well, apart from Scotland, which now has a party that's possibly a bit left, despite doing some decidedly non-progressive things really very recently.

hippynumber1: Horrible. And just the beginning, I fear. The Conservative manifesto's section on education was dreadful. My daughter will begin school during this parliament. I can only hope someone else shows up in 2020 to repair the mess.

ZenArcade

If fear it'll be too late by 2020 to repair the damage about to be writ large over our several nations. With TTIP coming, it will be truely brutal if your not very well off. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 08 May, 2015, 03:58:36 PM
Well done Britain on voting in a party that clearly doesn't give a fuck about your children's education.

It's your own fault for not being rich enough to afford a proper education for the little darlings.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

BPP

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 08 May, 2015, 12:27:37 PM

At least something good has come of the whole sorry mess.  He'll probably be back, but I'll enjoy a break from seeing his smug, bigoted face everywhere I look.

He won't be off your bloody telly. 'Nigel does 9/10 Cats'.... 'Farage on Have I got News for you'.... 'Nige on 'UKIP: My Story So Far book tour'... 'The REAL Nigel Farage: The Sunday Times Big Interview'. Now he can be casually racist without the need to pretend before he buckles back down to running the cult in september.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Recrewt

Well, I did not foresee that we would be in this position after the election.  I suspect many people went with the 'devil you know' choice in the end.   

Ignoring political persuasions, one of my major gripes about this election was all those smart arse reporters who declared that there was absolutely no chance of any party securing a majority this election.  They would not even entertain the idea and laughed at any politician who said they could.   >:( - of course there was a chance as has been shown today so I think if I was Mr Cameron then I would set up interviews with all those 'experts' so he can blow raspberries and give them the v's.