Main Menu

Dredd:Blu Ray review

Started by chuffsteruk, 18 December, 2012, 09:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

I'm not usually one for multiple versions, but I've just ordered that French one from FNAC - which also allowed me a free* customised T-shirt, so I quickly scanned in a cool Dredd pic.

* well, if you don't count €5 delivery.

So who's bought the most different versions so far? - CF, I'm looking at you!

COMMANDO FORCES

The first one of the French discs has landed and it's bloody gorgeous. In the back of the comic booklet is an advert for the Case Files and the cover for number 3 is superb. I'm presuming it's a French artist, as I don't recognise the picture at all, which is by O.Pepu or Peru!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 12 February, 2013, 03:15:20 PM
The first one of the French discs has landed and it's bloody gorgeous. In the back of the comic booklet is an advert for the Case Files and the cover for number 3 is superb. I'm presuming it's a French artist, as I don't recognise the picture at all, which is by O.Pepu or Peru!
OI! I'm the DVD afficionado! You have no right to have a copy first, I demand you retract your statement and wait until I give you permision to agree with my own sentiments!....I'm not bloody jealous right! :lol:

COMMANDO FORCES

Here are a couple of pics (just waiting for the FNAC one to arrive now)

I, Cosh

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 12 February, 2013, 03:15:20 PM
Interesting. A quick visit to French Amazon shows that they all have new covers. Perhaps Vark would be the man to shed some light on who's drawn these.
We never really die.

norse_sage

Those French collections have MUCH better coverart than the, IMO, crap designed UK coverart and even crappier US artwork.

JOE SOAP

JOE SOAP

MR. ELIMINATOR

I think the middle cover would make a good one for a special edition if they ever do a english version.

Michaelvk

Still no sign of the bluray here in SA..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

radiator

My Metropolitan Dredd box set just arrived - sadly the metal tin is rather bashed up and quite badly dented on front and back (hopefully a bit of gentle hammering will go some way to restoring it), and though I got the booklet - which is really just an ad for the French 'Integrale' (Case Files) and is itself tainted by an ad for that STALLONE bloke's new flop - it doesn't have the character descriptions in the the booklet in the earlier picture, which is odd.

It's bloody massive though - probably around 70-80% bigger than an ordinary DVD/Blu Ray case and will dominate my Blu Ray shelf which is as it should be. Shame there's no film title on the spine.

blackest

i think the booklet may only come with the FNAC exclusive sold in store? anybody get one from the FNAC website?? did it have a booklet?

radiator

I ordered from FNAC specifically for this reason and didn't get it so it must be in-store only.

radiator

Meant to say, the Metropolitan tin packaging is bigger than a VHS case(!) - absolutely mental, never seen anything like it, will post a comparison pic with the standard Blu if I get time.

JOE SOAP

Yeah, it's like a biscuit tin.