Main Menu

2000AD Podcast

Started by Marbles, 20 January, 2005, 10:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marbles

What this site needs (or mebbe 2000AD Review could host it) is a 2K related regular podcast.
For the uninitiated, a 'podcast' is basically an mp3 file automatically downloadable to your computer (if you subscribe to the feed) as it becomes available on a particular site.

This idea is relatively new on the web but for instance Comicbookresources is doing one which talks about the latest weeks releases.
The idea is that you can listen to these 'podcasts' on your I-pod/generic mp3 player when you are on the bus etc rather than reading something in front of the computer.
Anyway a 2K one could feature recordings of interviews with creators ( a Grennie one from a bar would be great), also mebbe comic reviews where people phone in a review to a recorded message service that can then be edited down into the 'cast.

Link: http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/index.cgi?column=6" target="_blank">CBR Podcast

Remember - dry hair is for squids

Byron Virgo

Interesting idea. I've got a creator interview which, because I'm transcribing it from two hours worth of tape, is taking bloody ages to write. However, an nicely edited audio version would probably work just as well, or complement the text version nicely.

Don't know how practical it might be to host such a thing though.

Marbles

Also you could add clips from upcoming Big Finish audios to help promote them ?
Remember - dry hair is for squids

longmanshort

I'm transcribing it from two hours worth of tape, is taking bloody ages to write

Learn yourself some shorthand, buddy ;P

http://www.ma-radio.gold.ac.uk/shorthand/newsmall1.gif">

(I would just like to add thta that's the worst example of shorthand I've seen since I last looked at a junior reporters' notepad i.e. about five minutes ago ...)
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

longmanshort

... and could possibly scan me in one of the articles?

Richmond Clements

Shorthand my arse, that looks like my bloody writing.

Byron Virgo

One of those looks like one of my 'z's...

I don't really see how learning shorthand would help me write something out onto Microsoft Word so that the interviewee can read it, though...

pauljholden

erm.. I've kinda started one - not 2000ad strictly (and not strictly a podcast as I've not set up an RSS feed, etc), just me at my drawing table drawing and yammering. You'll find it at my website.

http://www.pauljholden.com/wordpress/index.php?p=637

longmanshort

And jolly good it is too!

(not that I'm stalking Pj or owt...)

Byron Virgo

Pity, we could have shared notes...

walter

i run a studio and have the facilities to edit and broadcast any material..

and im a 2000ad thrill fanatic..

so if anyone's interested..gimme a shout..id be happy to put the work in