Main Menu

Sniper Elite V2

Started by James Stacey, 23 March, 2012, 01:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

http://spong.com/article/26637/Rebellion-Sniper-Elite-V2-Can-Bring-Us-Back-to-Greatness
QuoteAliens vs Predator developer Rebellion knows that its recent games haven't exactly been critically acclaimed. But with the upcoming Sniper Elite V2, the studio's CEO Jason Kingsley thinks that it can turn its fortunes around.

Dr Feeley Good

When is this out ? Preordered it at zavii £32.99 and 10% off for prordereing it early !!

GordonR

May 1, according to IGN. (Although game release dates can, and do, slip all the time, so don't take that as gospel.)

Devons Daddy

this the Rebellion one? if it is, it a buy for me,
the one they made for the XBOX was an excellent and highly under-rated game.

truly enjoyed the first outing, so based on that, and that if give me groats to rebellion it makes our future just a little safer, its a win win.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Goaty

PS3 demo is out now, it interesting and looks hard with sneak...

Keef Monkey

Yup, demo on Live too. Only spent 5 minutes with it and didn't do particularly well, but it seemed like it could be good.

Dr Feeley Good

Really enjoyed the demo on the 360

Darren Stephens

Quote from: SteveMillar on 13 April, 2012, 09:23:02 AM
Really enjoyed the demo on the 360
Bah! I've tried to download this twice and it doesn't get beyond 1% for me.  :(
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Keef Monkey

I can't seem to get along with it! It seems like you're supposed to stealth down the street (because firing or getting spotted sends a seeminly endless stream of bad guys to your position) but I haven't been able to find a way to do that because crossing the street puts you in plain sight. Will persevere and see if I can get into it though.

Darren Stephens

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 15 April, 2012, 09:22:13 AM
I can't seem to get along with it! It seems like you're supposed to stealth down the street (because firing or getting spotted sends a seeminly endless stream of bad guys to your position) but I haven't been able to find a way to do that because crossing the street puts you in plain sight. Will persevere and see if I can get into it though.

It eventually downloaded after a few more attempts. I see what you mean about trying to be stealthy. I just took the "shoot everyone and hide" route. Seems like quite a good game, the mechanics work well and the graphics are nice and detailed, but not really my cuppa tea. I prefer a more bombastic experiance. I suppose I don't have the patients for it.
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

brendan1

Quote from: Devons Daddy on 31 March, 2012, 03:06:25 PM

if give me groats to rebellion it makes our future just a little safer, its a win win.

Indeed. The last few Rebellion games have tanked badly, deservedly so.
I hope this is brilliant and sells bucketloads, because they have been amazing custodians of the 2000AD brand. Hopefully the film will do wonders too.

Professor Bear

The PS3 demo had a few tech niggles, but nothing major apart from some scenery clipping that I would expect to be fixed come launch day via the usual patch.  I did notice there's no melee combat or stealth kill options, but that's less a niggle and more a gameplay feature given how unusual it is to see in a modern game - especially a stealth-em-up.
A really fun game from what I've played of it, with the kill-cam really coming into its own to highlight your horrifying skills when you blow some poor fucker's skull across Berlin, or detonate explosives you've placed while sneaking about, or to shoot the grenade on someone's hip.  I'll likely be buying this.

Molch-R

Quote from: Professah Byah on 17 April, 2012, 03:52:05 PM
I did notice there's no melee combat or stealth kill options

The game has a stealth kill 'neck break' feature, not sure why it's not in the demo. Have you sneaked up on the guy?

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Molch-R on 17 April, 2012, 03:57:30 PM
Quote from: Professah Byah on 17 April, 2012, 03:52:05 PM
I did notice there's no melee combat or stealth kill options

The game has a stealth kill 'neck break' feature, not sure why it's not in the demo. Have you sneaked up on the guy?

Yeah, I was able to do this on the demo on the 360.

Zarjazzer

Good fun though my shooting was as inept as ever. Bit of a problem with some of the frames alas but I'll play it again.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.