Main Menu

MEG 321 - American Reaper , sexy ostriches?

Started by strontium71, 22 February, 2012, 10:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Finally caught up to here with my digital program and Meg catch up.

Sad to say this will be my last Meg. Reading it all in a row makes me feel there really isn't enough in it for me to justify 72 quid a year.

There has been the odd goody recently; Number Cruncher and Cursed Earth Coburn both great. And I really like the film review chap.

But as for the other content, I just don't find reading the artist interviews engaging ("and then I dropped out of art school").

The floppies have been very power as well. Cripes, Mercy Heights and Tor Cyan were dull. And went on for so long.

But the nail in the coffin for me was American Reaper. There's the start of a good idea in there but no story. And the art s not good comic art. It doesn't tell the story well enough and as many people have said, the faces pull you out of it. Really don't think ive disliked a strip so much in a long time. And it seems to take up so much space.

I've had a feeling that I have been subsidising an average Meg for a long time but I'm not going to subsidise it, especially American Reaper any more.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

mygrimmbrother

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 14 October, 2012, 11:40:23 PM
Finally caught up to here with my digital program and Meg catch up.

Sad to say this will be my last Meg. Reading it all in a row makes me feel there really isn't enough in it for me to justify 72 quid a year.

There has been the odd goody recently; Number Cruncher and Cursed Earth Coburn both great. And I really like the film review chap.

But as for the other content, I just don't find reading the artist interviews engaging ("and then I dropped out of art school").

The floppies have been very power as well. Cripes, Mercy Heights and Tor Cyan were dull. And went on for so long.

But the nail in the coffin for me was American Reaper. There's the start of a good idea in there but no story. And the art s not good comic art. It doesn't tell the story well enough and as many people have said, the faces pull you out of it. Really don't think ive disliked a strip so much in a long time. And it seems to take up so much space.

I've had a feeling that I have been subsidising an average Meg for a long time but I'm not going to subsidise it, especially American Reaper any more.

I think next month's may be my last, and yeah, it's the inevitable return of the worst strip I've had the misfortune to read in years too that's tipped me over the edge. I'm gonna switch to Dark Horse Presents instead I reckon for my monthly anthology fix.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 15 October, 2012, 12:15:53 PM
I think next month's may be my last, and yeah, it's the inevitable return of the worst strip I've had the misfortune to read in years too that's tipped me over the edge.

...it's coming BACK?! Groan. I'll ALWAYS read the meg. Tank Girl was shite but I'm glued to the house of Tharg like a limpet to a dog. The dog doesn't know I'm there, but if it did it probably wouldn't be happy about it.