Main Menu

What happen to the new dredd movie ?

Started by Disate, 21 August, 2009, 06:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

when is the new movie going into production  ?

?
6 (26.1%)
??
17 (73.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

planetoid

Watch the Speed Racer trailer and check out Fox's voice at 49 seconds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2aXNIV-puI&feature=related

"The only way you'll ever stop these people is to bring them to justice."

He sounds like Dredd. Seriously.

And then check out him out at 1min 27 seconds.

Without seeing him in a screentest it's impossible to be 100 percent sure but I'm sure he'd be very credible. Rebellion should give him serious consideration. He sounds like Dredd and has the chin.  :)

planetoid

QuoteI'm reasonably confident he could pull off Dredd's character.
I'm not saying anything.  Merely smiling in a purile manner.  Snort snort, fnar fnar!

Smile all you like. The guy sounds like Dredd. Don't believe me, go look at that trailer and hear him speak. He'd nail Dredd big time. I'll put my cards on the table. I would cast him as Dredd. Forget Ron Perlman, this guy has the face and the voice, is the right age - in his 40s, well known from being in tv show Lost but not a huge movie star. He ticks every box.  ;)

You gotta admit when he says ""The only way you'll ever stop these people is to bring them to justice."

he sounds like Dredd. Totally. You need an actor to convey Dredd's powerful voice and this guy can do it.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: planetoid on 04 September, 2009, 12:03:48 PM

He sounds like Dredd. Seriously.

Hello, Scott.

You actually can't help yourself, can you? It's genuinely pathological with you.

Seriously, I know you don't have much experience of what normal people do, being a moon-faced emotional cripple who lives in his parents' basement, but -- trust me on this -- this isn't what they do.

Get help. Professional help, and get it soon.

To the Mods: regardless of what has or hasn't gone on in the past, I'm not joking about Scott having serious psychological problems. Allowing him to post here is simply enabling and legitimizing his strange, strange obsession (in his head at least), and that's not healthy; it isn't helping him.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Richmond Clements

Gotta give him his dues though- he lasted a pretty long time this time before cracking.

Mike Gloady

Planetoid, planetoid my old china, don't worry - I wasn't saying he couldn't, just remarking upon the use of the phrase "pull off" in reference to Dredd.  I'm certain the character wouldn't stand for being pulled off by ANYONE.

Do you see?  Childish, vulgar japery and nothing more. 

I just watched the trailer and was struck by several things.  1. That looks like the worst movie ever (even if it is based on a silly cartoon I vaguely remember from childhood which OUGHT to give it some points). 2. He didn't sound as good as Toby Longworth, but the photo you posted DOES sort of show he has the chops (literally) for the role.

Now that we're all sure nobody was being mean to anyone, do me a favour and go and look at the link to D'Israeli's blog article about MC-1's architecture.  You'll be doing yourself a favour too as it's entertaining and informative.  So here's the link again for what Jim called D'israeli's superb piece on Mega City architecture which is a description I think you'll agree with once you've read and digested it.

Apart from being excellently written and referencing a wide variety of artists new and old, it'll demonstrate quite clearly that Ron Smith's depiction of the Big Meg is quite aberrant.  Ezquerra, Bolland, McMahon, Flint, Walker, McNeill and the vast majority of the classic artists most associated with Dredd subscribe to the bulbous, domed and organic-looking MC-1 skyline - Smith is the only artist of note I can think of (and I welcome any corrections on that) who drew the Big Meg as an overgrown city of our own time.  I'm aware that other artists in the very early days (before these things were finalised) drew the city in a very contemporary manner, but that's a lot to do with the original vision of the city (before Ezquerra's input) was to be a lot closer in time to the here and now.

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 04 September, 2009, 12:31:39 PM

Don't argue, Mike -- it's Scojo.

Cheers

Jim

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 04 September, 2009, 12:34:39 PM
Quote from: Mike Gloady on 04 September, 2009, 12:31:39 PM

Don't argue, Mike -- it's Scojo.

Cheers

Jim

I've seen that name crop up before - what is it that gives him away?

planetoid

Here is Matthew Fox's voice over the Jerry Goldsmith Judge Dredd film teaser trailer music:

http://www.2shared.com/uploadComplete.jsp?sId=qOZI6CXvl1SfV51W

As you can hear, he sounds exactly like Dredd so anyone dismissing his potential would be foolish. But I'm sure Jim will find reason to question his suitability.  :D

Jim, if you want to insult me and accuse me of being someone else, you're welcome to email me. I'm not sure this forum is the place to do it!  :D

Edited update..

That link doesn't work  ??? - I will upload it via another site.

Richmond Clements

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 04 September, 2009, 12:37:17 PM
I've seen that name crop up before - what is it that gives him away?

In this case, the obsession with this, or any other, Dredd movie -- the absolute conviction that he is right about (insert aspect of production ranging from screenplay to CGI house to casting) and an utter refusal to countenance an alternative argument, no matter how well supported.

Elsewhere, his feeble 'jokes', like the Guy Ritchie/Madonna or the Shakara/Shakatak one are dead giveaways. When you've suffered through as much of his nonsense, and over as many years, as I have, you can spot his posting style from a mile off. I've had my eye on him for a couple of weeks now.

Cheers

Jim

planetoid

Jim, before you accuse me of being this Scott, just listen to the audio clip. Thank you. Click this link, scroll down the page and wait 30 seconds:

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/131922/Dredd-sample-1-WAV.html

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: planetoid on 04 September, 2009, 12:40:39 PM
Here is Matthew Fox's voice over the Jerry Goldsmith Judge Dredd film teaser trailer music:

http://www.2shared.com/uploadComplete.jsp?sId=qOZI6CXvl1SfV51W

Oh, and THIS is absolutely classic Scojo MO. I have never come across anyone else who puts together their own audio files/trailers/photomanips and posts links to them to prove their point like this.

QuoteJim, if you want to insult me and accuse me of being someone else, you're welcome to email me. I'm not sure this forum is the place to do it!

Don't try a fucking smiley with me. I see you're going to try and brazen it out, rather than simply copping to it like the last time I outed you. Fair enough. You only lasted a month before you started reverting to type, so I'm sure the rest of the familiar pattern won't be far behind and you'll be calling posters paedophiles and making jokes about their dead pets before long.

I can wait.

Jim

JOE SOAP

I'm John Wagner and I judge this thread illegal.

planetoid

Here is a working link:

http://www.easy-share.com/1907622238/Dredd%20sample%201.WAV

I'm sure people from Rebellion look on the board to monitor feedback so now they know Matthew Fox might be the ideal candidate for Dredd. His voice does sound like Dredd's, I've seen him in Speed Racer, he does look Dredd-like with a mask on. The audio clip should help convince people.  ;)

If Jim wants to twist the debate and get personal, go ahead, but just listen to that audio clip. Fox sounds like Dredd. I'm sure Garageman would agree with me on this.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: planetoid on 04 September, 2009, 12:55:43 PM

If Jim wants to twist the debate and get personal, go ahead, but just listen to that audio clip. Fox sounds like Dredd. I'm sure Garagman would agree with me on this.

No, I don't.

Why don't you debate this with Charles E Hardwidge?