Previous topic - Next topic

Do you read 2000ad every week?

Yes
No

Trout

Richmond Clements

Trout

Well done that man!

I'm interested to see how many people take part in this board but are only historical, or occasional, fans of 2000ad.

Not everyone posts in the review threads, of course, but I've noticed that we have prolific posters who never take part in them.

- Trout

Dan Kelly

I would, if the ruddy posties would get off their arris tweed and deliver my sub

Had to pick up this weeks from the LCS  >:(

Richmond Clements

QuoteNot everyone posts in the review threads, of course, but I've noticed that we have prolific posters who never take part in them.

I rarely post on the review thread, but I like reading it. This is because reviewing stuff is one of the things I 'do', so it'd be a bit of a busman's holiday- and if I did review the prog here, I'm scared I'd run out of things to say when my turn comes round on www.2000adreview.

Trout

Yeah, no criticism meant. I try to make time to post a bit of feedback here, but don't always manage it. Also, it's a pain to do sometimes, because every week I'm looking for new ways to say "fantastic".  :)

Radbacker

I dont post on review thread as I'm about 8 weeks behind what with being in Oz and not a subscriber but got every issue since 980 or so.  Never had a problem getting it in any of the newsagencies in my medium sized town (about 30 000 people) but was away on holidays last week to one of the more populos parts if the country and do you think icould find a copy?  panic central but one phone call to a friend back homke and two issues waiting for me when i got home :).

erm what was the question?  yes i do get it every week.

CU Radbacker

James Stacey

I find it hard to post on the review thread. It's always either a 'me too' type post I'd end up putting up, which I don't like to do, or I end up not posting as my comments come across too critical. I do enjoy reading it though.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: King Trout on 04 September, 2009, 03:47:38 PM
Yeah, no criticism meant. I try to make time to post a bit of feedback here, but don't always manage it. Also, it's a pain to do sometimes, because every week I'm looking for new ways to say "fantastic".  :)

Ach don't panic man- no criticism taken!
But I know what you mean- when the prog's as good as it's been for the past year, it's bloody hard to write a review that sounds anything less than fawning.

Colin YNWA

Yeah I get it every week and do now post on the Review thread but I didn't in the past before I took out a subscription and used to get my Progs from my LCS as I was too far behind to feel what I said was still relevent (not that doing it on a Saturday morning might make what I've got to say anymore relevant but at least its timely!)

Mike Gloady

As of about four months ago.  Till then I was a semi-rabid consumer of the trades covering my period of unfaithfulness (most of the noughties) and the classic stuff (which I own, but can't get to for various parental household reasons I'm sure we can all relate to).  The trades, specifically Dredd, Dante & Sin/Dex were the main drag that resulted in my embracing thrill-power once more and rejecting my former, godless ways. 

Thanks to the help of my local comic shop I've filled gaps back nearly 18 months and am a huge fan once more.  And I still get the trades.  But nothing beats the cup of tea you sit down to a prog with.  Mmmmmmmmm.  Happiness, thy name is thrill-power.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

JOE SOAP

I read it every week but not always the whole prog unfortunately as some stories & characters just don't grab me and some of them have been hangin' around for years.

Emperor

Quote from: King Trout on 04 September, 2009, 03:41:20 PMNot everyone posts in the review threads, of course, but I've noticed that we have prolific posters who never take part in them.

I get mine delivered by the newsagents and it has slipped back from Wednesday night to being tucked in Thursday's paper, so I'm so far behind the curve it is often worth picking up on a few points by then. This plus missing two of the last three progs (although when they get delivered to the house round the corner I get end up with a batch of late progs so I'm not counting them as gone for good yet) is making me think a subscription might be a good idea (plus the saving of money of course and the presents). I do believe in supporting the local tradesmen but if the milkie was working at this kind of hit rate I'd tell him were to stick his milk bottles (I suspect the whole window cleaner business is closer to a charity - for a long time he didn't even have a bucket as someone had nicked his).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Cactus

You bet I do. My girlfriend reads some of it too but prefers the collected volumes.
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

Grant Goggans

I read every issue.  When I get them (we're eleven issues behind, now).  Is that a Yes or a No for your poll?