Main Menu

Time Bomb

Started by zombemybabynow, 14 September, 2009, 10:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombemybabynow

I'm sure this would be done in us comics rather than 2000ad but, have you ever thought that Alpha could be brought back to life re. a time bomb scenario?!

Just a thought I had whilst reading this weeks S/D
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Tweak72

Quote from: zombemybabynow on 14 September, 2009, 10:26:15 AM
I'm sure this would be done in us comics rather than 2000ad but, have you ever thought that Alpha could be brought back to life re. a time bomb scenario?!

Just a thought I had whilst reading this weeks S/D

Yes, just to die again. The use of time weapons to resurrect the deed tend to only work for about 10 minutes and then they end up being killed again. I believe because "Time has a way of reclaiming its own" or something along those lines any way
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

zombemybabynow

Cheers for that info.  I can see by your icon your possibly an S/D expert, in which case; would you be in support of a campaign to get a supporting cast member, (if not wulf,) to say cumcumber?

I miss cucumber!!

Dark Jimbo

Trouble with that is you'd have to bring the Strontium Dogs back first to do it, and their story's been on haitus for so long now it's highly unlikely they'll ever be back.
@jamesfeistdraws

WoD

Seen a lot of time bombs recently in the SD stories...or is it just my bad memory?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: WoD on 14 September, 2009, 12:50:38 PM
Seen a lot of time bombs recently in the SD stories...or is it just my bad memory?

And with the costs mentioned for them in this weeks Prog I do now wonder if Johnny carried out most of his cases at a lose!

Mardroid

Quote from: Tweak72 on 14 September, 2009, 11:37:50 AM
Yes, just to die again. The use of time weapons to resurrect the deed tend to only work for about 10 minutes and then they end up being killed again. I believe because "Time has a way of reclaiming its own" or something along those lines any way

I understand that's how the time drogue works, (essentially by rewinding a particular person back to when they were alive for a few minutes) but would time-bombs have the same affect? I.e. if you 'bombed' yourself back to when the person was alive, grabbed them and then 'bombed' back... would they still die 10 minutes later? And then of course there's the time machine they've got up in the dog-house.

Also, I read that the original continuity where Alpha died was meant to be 'tales of the legend of Johnny Alpha' from the point of view of new stories, so now he's still alive. Granted current tales could be in either continuity since they're set in the past. (Well, still our future, but I'm sure you know what I mean.)

Tweak72

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 14 September, 2009, 12:59:22 PM

And with the costs mentioned for them in this weeks Prog I do now wonder if Johnny carried out most of his cases at a lose!

did you mean loss?

Tweak72

Quote from: Mardroid on 14 September, 2009, 01:01:41 PMbut would time-bombs have the same affect? I.e. if you 'bombed' yourself back to when the person was alive, grabbed them and then 'bombed' back... would they still die 10 minutes later? And then of course there's the time machine they've got up in the dog-house.

Well, if you did that the person would not have died in the first place. In Alphas case if he was stopped from sacrificing himself no one would have been able to get home more then likely with a similer affect of space time as what happened whem Max Bubba was messing about (when Johnny met Wulf)

Quote from: Mardroid on 14 September, 2009, 01:01:41 PMAlso, I read that the original continuity where Alpha died was meant to be 'tales of the legend of Johnny Alpha' from the point of view of new stories, so now he's still alive. Granted current tales could be in either continuity since they're set in the past. (Well, still our future, but I'm sure you know what I mean.)

Thats what the Wiki page says

Roger Godpleton

It could be that the S/D agency forces its agents to carry expensive tech, making them pay for it on credit, ensuring their eternal servitude.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Paul faplad Finch

Quote from: Mardroid on 14 September, 2009, 01:01:41 PM
I read that the original continuity where Alpha died was meant to be 'tales of the legend of Johnny Alpha' from the point of view of new stories, so now he's still alive. Granted current tales could be in either continuity since they're set in the past. (Well, still our future, but I'm sure you know what I mean.)

I may be wrong here but wasn't that just the explanation given at the start of the Kreeler story that kickstarted the revival to explain away the discrepancies caused by that story having been adapted from a tv pilot script? I thought it had been quietly dropped for subsequent stories. After all, if the new stories could discount the old we wouldn't have needed that Billy Glumm story that existed purely to plug continuity gaps.

I'm not the most reliable person on things like this so feel free to point and laugh if I'm wrong. It's the only way I'll learn.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Tweak72 on 14 September, 2009, 01:45:17 PM

did you mean loss?

No not at all I meant lose 100% and what I meant by that was... arh damnit yep I did mean loss didn't I

zombemybabynow

All hail the typo-nazi!!!

just kidding (hehe)

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

Quote from: Tweak72 on 14 September, 2009, 11:37:50 AM
The use of time weapons to resurrect the deed tend to only work for about 10 minutes and then they end up being killed again. I believe because "Time has a way of reclaiming its own" or something along those lines any way

Really? I would be pleased if someone more deeply immersed in the world of Strontium Dog than me could point to examples in the stories where this has happened or been discussed. Why, for instance, did Johnny Alpha appeal to necromancers to resurrect the boy in The Moses Incident instead of using time travel? Why didn't he use time travel to rescue Wulf from Max Bubba? There must be a reason. Yet we saw Johnny Alpha take Blood Moon back to a time where the young Johnny Alpha was undercover trying to prevent a suicide bombing, so it didn't matter that there were two Johnny Alphas in the same time zone so long they didn't see each other or touch.
STRIKE !!!