Main Menu

Comic Book Day Prog

Started by glassstanley, 26 April, 2012, 08:53:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glassstanley

Having had a look at the web site, I've discovered that no comic book stores in my area are participating in Comic Book Day. I'm sure I'm not going to be the only forum member in this position. Anybody out there have any tips on how to get hold of a copy of the free Prog without paying eBay prices or travelling to another part of the country?

SmallBlueThing

I was rather hoping that a forum member would be kind enough to pick up copies for a small fee?

SBT

Large48

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Aonghus

Can't make any guarantees, but I'm going to endeavour to pick up a copy for myself in town, so if I can blag a few extra I'm perfectly happy to send them out for, as SBT says, a small fee (p&P, like).

I'll let yez know if I succeed :)

SmallBlueThing

Im willing to pay a 'finder's fee' of up to three pounds on top of postage. Which i think is fair if people are making a journey specially and promise to spend it in the comic shop! That's the whole point of free comic day, isnt it?

SBT

Aonghus

Yup, the whole ethos of free comic day is having to pay for your comics :P

bluemeanie

Not sure if its any help but I'm pretty sure that comixology put up digital copies of all the FCBD releases.
Could be talking out of my arse but sure they did it last year

Depends if you just want to read it or if its a collectors thing you have going on

SmallBlueThing

Aonghus: i meant, the point is to get people into comic shops and spending cash! :p

SBT

Spaceghost

I'm not sure how cheeky I can get away with being but I'll try to nab as many copies as possible.

I'll post on this thread with volumes and let you fight over them like snarling animals.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

COMMANDO FORCES

These 'FREE' comics actually cost the comic shop to get them in stock, so some paces might not bother to speculate to accumulate on the off chance of acquiring new readers.
I paid for my pile, so that my shop owner wouldn't be out of pocket, as I thought that that would be a tad unfair, especially as I wanted a certain amount,

IndigoPrime

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 26 April, 2012, 05:14:12 PMThese 'FREE' comics actually cost the comic shop to get them in stock, so some paces might not bother to speculate to accumulate on the off chance of acquiring new readers.
I guess that's the case. It's a pity nonetheless. I'd decided to visit my local comic shop for the first time, try to grab 2000 AD and any Atomic Robo freebie, and then also buy a couple of trades to make up for it. Alas, they're not participating at all. I think the nearest option for me is Reading, and I'd sooner insult Judge Fear face-to-face than driver into Reading on a Saturday. *shudder*

locustsofdeath!

If anyone ends up with an 'extra copy' (as in, grab as many as you can carry), I'd be more than happy to pay for it - and shipping of course...

Bat King

If I can hey extras I will but I will be seeing same stock Lee sees I think. OK Comics, Traveling Man & Forbidden Planet (international), Leeds...

May have wingman, so that would make extras easily got. I tend to buy stuff too...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Spaceghost

Last year at Traveling Man they were only too happy to let me take multiple copies of anything I wanted. They had loads of each title and were giving 'Free Comic Book Day' carrier bags to everyone who came into the shop.

I went with my wife and two kids and the staff made sure that all four of us had a bag to fill and encouraged us all to take whatever we wanted. I wouldn't have presumed to take multiple copies if they hadn't been so insistent.

I'll be going with my family again next week so I imagine I'll be able to get at least three extra copies of the 2000 AD issue. If I do, glassstanley, SBT and locusts will get first dibs. If I manage to get any more I'll let you know on here.

Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

COMMANDO FORCES

All this for a 4 page Dredd, I salute you all ;)