Main Menu

The Strangeness of Brendan McCarthy

Started by ming, 15 May, 2012, 10:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Quote from: Dandontdare on 11 November, 2013, 06:43:17 PM
Even after all that disambiguity, one commentator still writes:
QuoteIt is with great regret I must announce I'll be wiping my arse on a copy of Judge Dredd Atlantis tonight

I know Ming is selling a page from that story. Hope its not him in that quote....  ;)

TordelBack

Quote from: Dandontdare on 11 November, 2013, 06:43:17 PM
Even after all that disambiguity, one commentator still writes:
QuoteIt is with great regret I must announce I'll be wiping my arse on a copy of Judge Dredd Atlantis tonight
::)

I wonder, could that commenter be the perpetrator of PooGate? 

Anyway, as the expression of contempt would more normally be "I wouldn't wipe my arse on a copy of etc.", this could reasonably be considered the exact opposite, and thus an, ahem, ringing endorsement.

Professor Bear

Great PR for someone's career aside, I admire his conviction - the paper quality on most reprints is pretty shiny and would cut a delicate bottom like mine up a treat.  Clearly that commentator is made of sterner stuff.

Fatboydale

Quote from: ming on 11 November, 2013, 03:21:34 PM
Brendan: Rich Johnston has published an apology and a few words from me about his recent Bleeding Cool article that characterised me as some kind of "right winger" and sparked a lot of hate mail. I think he has acted in a fair and ethical fashion, and I doff my trilby to him.

He also includes an exclusive look at THE DELETED, my new short series coming next month in Dark Horse Presents. Click below if you want a gander.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/11/10/brendan-mccarthy-that-article-and-the-deleted/

Anyone else fancy taking their foot out of their mouth?

The joys of the interwebs!

I am please it was cleared up on another feeder web site ..

Now it would be nice to see it all clean up on here , but i fear Richmond will not have the decency to retracked his poorly thought out attack on a 2000ad artist .

You'r not always right .... thats my new motto ...

Richmond Clements

By attack, you of course mean, linked to what he said..?

ming

Colin YNWA

ming

Posted by Brendan elsewhere but also featured in that interview, a recent Rogan Gosh commissioned piece...  What a stunner.

Frank

That's immense! Let's hope the mention of his desire to do a sequel isn't just another of the forty brilliant ideas McCarthy has every single day which are never seen by another living soul.

Darren Stephens

Wow that really is something! Cheers for posting.  ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Ancient Otter

Sorry for the necropost but ye all know Brendan McCarthy will be in Dark Horse Presents #3 in October with Dream Gang?

From the solicitation:

QuoteWar is being waged while you sleep, and it's a nightmare, in Brendan McCarthy's Dream Gang!

Hawkmumbler

FUCK ME LENGTH WAYS WITH A BROOM HANDLE OR SO HELP ME I'LL BE GETTING ME THAT!

CrazyFoxMachine

Ancient Otter

Apologies for this but Brendan McCarthy's Dream Gang is starting in Dark Horse Presents 2014 #1 due out at the end of this August - sorry I didn't spot that sooner. You can see the first two pages in a preview at a online shop here: TFAW shop link

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.