Main Menu

Zenith Phase One - Apex Edition

Started by glassstanley, 18 August, 2015, 08:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glassstanley

This is marvellous - a really well-put together package. It's a strip I have read many, many times but seeing it at full-size I'm spotting things I hadn't spotted before (the mushroom cloud monument at the end of the Prologue).

Couple of quick questions -

This is a bookplate edition - is the Steve Yeowell signature on a sticker or postcard? I don't want to try to peel the back off and stick it into the volume only to find it's the latter.

I don't yet have an appropriate answer to my wife's question - Where are you going to keep it? Any help?

J.Smith

I took some pictures of it and talked a little about the great wee additions added to it here if anyone's sitting on the fence.

To answer your questions though:

1) It's not a sticker, thankfully - comes separate. Mine was sitting on top of the book when I opened it all up.

2) Like every other Artist Edition (or any book of a similar or greater size), it comes in its own box, so you keep it in that and put it somewhere. Mine stand upright together in a cupboard, although you could just as easily leave them standing next to a bookshelf or lying underneath your bed.

Hawkmumbler

Get an easle and display the fucker for the world to see.

Colin YNWA

Post it to me and I've put on my over-sized books shelf... you can visit it whenever you want...

...oh go on...

Magnetica

After months of deliberating on this (after all I did buy the recent normal Phase 1 book - plus 2,3 and 4 obviously), I finally decided to take the plunge and order this last week.

Well it arrived today. What can I say? Beautiful packaged and the paper....and the just the smell of it.

Go on you know you want one.

BTW I got the book plate one from Tharg's future shop. Hurry now as there aren't many left....

Magnetica

It also clears up one thing that has never made sense to me in the Zenith story - in the first episode the date is given as June 23, 1987, which does not make sense against the dates given later. It should have been 30th April.