Main Menu

John Higgins or John Ridgway - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 25

Started by Colin YNWA, 04 June, 2021, 06:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Tharg's longest serving Art Droid besides Brendan McCarthy (I believe) - his first work was the cover of Prog 43 has shown with the recent Dreadnaughts that even 44 years under Tharg's yoke can't stop true talent. It took a hard draw against Finalist D'Israeli to topple him in the first round of the Current Tourney too.

Mind no draw was as hard as John Ridgway's in the first round of either tourney as he got Carlos and so we don't have a reliable guide to the form of either of these two. So who will win this battle of the Simons Johns?

Time for you to decide your favourite as the droids square up to the tee...

John Higgins - more info

OR

John Ridgway - more info

Remember for this tourney you have 5 votes to distribute as you please between these two artists, whole numbers only. So you can vote 5 - 0; 4 - 1; or 3 - 2; either way depending on how much more you like one artist's work over the other.

If you can't be doing with that just name your favourite - remember bold tags, or other ways of highlighting always appreciated - and I'll give them 3 votes and nowt to the other droid.

Three day votes, so this one ends morning of Monday 7th June

Remember we only consider work for Tharg in these Tourneys

What the heck is all this about - well we have a thread for that

How does this new voting work? Look here and why again?

I don't understand how this works, what are the rules of the Ryder Cup - yep got ya covered there too

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up. Most importantly have fun!

rogue69

Magnetica

AlexF

Ridgway 4, Higgins 1 - can't deny Higgins' excellence but Ridgway's scratchy thick pen lines are just my thing, y'know?

Curious to think that both geniuses have worked on contenders for worst thrills of all time, Junker & Greysuit...

paddykafka

Higgins* Orient FC (5) Ridgway Wanderers (0)

*John's "Er...Democracy?" cover for Tooth, stands out for me as one of my all-time faves, to say nothing of his incredible work on some of the Democracy stories.

JayzusB.Christ

Higgins 3, Ridgeway 2.

Ridgeway was absolutely perfect for Summer Magic and The Dead Man, but Higgins was a snooker player of the highest level.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

abelardsnazz

John H has drawn some magnificent Dredds over the years. I can't imagine anyone creating the atmosphere of The Dead Man quite like John R, plus there's Luke Kirby, Twister, Dice Man...

John Higgins 2, John Ridgway 3.

milstar

Uh... Is Colin trying to repent for pushing Richard Elson against Carlos, now giving maybe the most difficult voting so far? I love Higgins' Dredd and color ing on Watchmen and The Killing Joke, but Ridgway was brilliant on Hellblazer and his issues on Dredd.

Gotta go with
Ridgway 3
Higgins 2
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

Tomwe

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

DrJomster

Ridgeway 3 Higgins 2

Close-ish but Mr R is the winner in my books. Dead Man and Kirby were very strong, very strong indeed. Dreadnoughts recently had the odd panel that threw me a bit. We're lucky to have both of them though, don't get me wrong.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Dog Deever on 04 June, 2021, 11:01:49 AM
Ridgway 3 Higgins 2

Same for me, please.

I'm a big fan of both, but I have a soft spot for Raggedy Man Ridgway's work.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++