Main Menu

David Roach or Steve Dillon - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 31

Started by Colin YNWA, 14 June, 2021, 06:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddykafka

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Buttonman

I met Steve once - nice man - not to say David isn't, he's just better at avoiding me! Love David's work but Steve has an iconic line and so many cracking strips = Steve 4 David 1.

Colin YNWA

This one has a day to go and I'll count up in the morning. Seems pretty clear which way this is going, but have to be honest not as clear cut as I thought it might be.

To be honest its not 100% clear cut for me. While I do like Steve Dillon's work its only his early stuff I adore. Often its the other way around for me, admiring early work but embracing the more confident later work, with Steve Dillon his latter stuff falls in to the confortable category for. David Roach on the other hand has a fine precise line, and a gift drawing the gothic and beautiful, but for me it lack a certain... well what... energy maybe? In the end I think I have to go:

David Roach 2 : Steve Dillon 3

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

And so it does come down to the wire.

This one started much closer than I expected with David Roach making Steve Dillon vote for vote but as it went on the much loved Steve Dillon took hold of the tie and took a decent lead. There was much, much love though for David and both artists.

Overall though this one couldn't have been more important as it meant this entire tourney, all 32 ties, have come down to thet very last tie to decide who wins the Artists Ryder Cup. I'll write more about how much that amazes me when we have a result but for now let's get to that tie...

Current Team 15.5 : Classic Team 15.5

Current Team 1379 : Classic Team 1420