Main Menu

Alan Moore or Guy Adam - Writers Solhiem Cup - Tie 7

Started by Colin YNWA, 29 June, 2021, 06:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Team Classic vs. Team Current
Only work for Tharg to be Considered

Look I promise not to say anything like '...but Hope springs eternal...' during this intro.

So if Team Classic's aim in the first week was to try to draw the sting out of Team Current's powerhouse of writers and then come big, well they are certainly living up to that as after John Smith no lesser light than the wizard of Northampton, The Scribe with the Snake is fielded next. Can Guy Adam conjure up some magic of his own, after all as they say Ulysses Sweet springs eternal and we can't expect the Max Normal... ahem... anyway...

Time for you to decide your favourite as the droids square up to the tee...

Alan Moore - more info

OR

Guy Adam - more info

Remember for this tourney you have 5 votes to distribute as you please between these two artists, whole numbers only. So you can vote 5 - 0; 4 - 1; or 3 - 2; either way depending on how much more you like one artist's work over the other.

If you can't be doing with that just name your favourite - remember bold tags, or other ways of highlighting always appreciated - and I'll give them 3 votes and nowt to the other droid.

Three day votes, so this one ends morning of Friday 2nd July

Remember we only consider work for Tharg in these Tourneys

What the heck is all this about - well we have a thread for that

How does this voting work? Look here

I don't understand how this works, what are the rules of the Solhiem Cup - yep got ya covered there too

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up. Most importantly, have fun!

milstar

With no second consideration -

Alan 5
Guy 0

Alan's Future Shocks are generally damn good and let's not forget DR & Quinch, Abelard Snazz and Ro-Tales. I am not a big fan of Halo Jones and his two Rogue Trooper gigs, but I think it's at 2000ad where he started to shine.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

abelardsnazz

I'm a big fan of Hope, but up against the legacy of Mr Moore I'm afraid it has to be:

Guy Adams 1, Alan Moore 4.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Okay, so, while I'm not the biggest fan of DR & Quinch or Skizz, or Abelard Snazz come to that, and taking just Moore's work for Tharg into consideration, we still have Halo Jones, Red Planet Blues, Bax The Burner, the Future Shocks and Time Twisters...

I googled Guy Adams to see if I was forgetting anything beyond Hope. Adams is one of those writers who has done his early graft and is only now moving into the really exciting part of his 2000AD work- I can't wait to see what he does next, because Hope is superb. But as it stands,

Moore 4
Adams 1

SBT

rogue69

IndigoPrime

Hope rocks. Ulysses Sweet... didn't for me. Max Normal was quite good.

Alan Moore? Yeah. Skizz. The best shorts in the comic's history. Halo Jones. Even a sneaky ABC Warriors. It's not a whitewash for me, primarily because of Hope, but:

Moore 4 // Adams 1

AlexF

I like pretty much everything Guy Adams has written for the Prog. Ulysses Sweet made me laugh, can't ask for more than that. But perhaps none of it quite as much as anything Alan Moore has written for the Prog. Logic, if not kindness, dictates...
Moore 5, Adams 0

Tomwe

Dog Deever

Hope has been great but it's a bad draw for Adams...

Moore 4 Adams 1
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

paddykafka

Link Prime

sintec

Team Classic are really rolling out the heavy hitters this week and while Team Current seem to be fielding some of their up and coming talent. Much as I've enjoyed Hope it's tough to match up to Halo and those classic future shocks from Moore.

Moore 4 : Adam 1