Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Max Normal vs Lilly MacKenzie Rd 2 Heat 01

Started by Colin YNWA, 17 January, 2022, 06:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Welcome to Round 2, week 1. This is where things get really interesting. All the big hitters are in the draw and let me tell you there are some ties coming up that will get the hearts racing and the camera's out for live coverage. They will cover acres of print on the back pages. There are also ties that will barely get mentioned on their local radio news summary. Week 1 however does feel a little like a warm up however. It hasn't got any of the high profile draws I hoped it might to kick us off, but it does start to hint at what's to come...

To get the ball rolling we have two thrills that we've seen already, both having been drawn in week 4 of Round 1 funnily enough and had decent tussles with decent opponents to win through. The wonderful Max Normal bested Satanus (just wait until I rerun the 2000ad Fight tourney from Prog 2000ad - I doubt that result would be repeated) and Lilly MacKenzie came through against Tiger Sun, Dragon Moon. All of that is past us however and all that matter now is which of these tickles your thrill receptors the most:

Max Normal - more info

Vs

Lilly MacKenzie - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Thursday 20th January  and the winner gets a place in Round 3 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

AlexF

abelardsnazz

rogue69

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Sean SD

Funt Solo

With Max Normal, I struggled to withstand the rapid fire chitter-chatter: not light, not a smatter, but rather the latter. My vote, note it's not rote, flies high for Lilly Mackenzie.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Link Prime

Magnetica

I kinda feel neither of these quite lived up to their potential.

Max Normal took one of the best supporting characters in Dredd's world and some how made him less interesting the more we got to know about him.

Lilly MacKenzie never quite clicked with me though.

And so I'm struggling to make a choice.

Hmmm....Lilly MacKenzie.

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd