Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Nikolai Dante vs. Caballistics Inc Rd 3 Heat 32

Started by Colin YNWA, 02 June, 2022, 07:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Week 4 has the full range of ties. From probably one of the most one sided match-ups we will see this round... and when I say probably, I mean definitely. To a couple of absolute stinkers. There is as you might imagine plenty in between as well.

No let up in the tough end to the week as the final tie this time brings us another possible nail biter. I would have Dante down as a possible semi-final thrill so it will have to learn to deal with ties like this, a step up from Age of the Wolf last round. If Cabs was to progress it would be developing a right ol' head of steam having already put out Al's Baby. It gets through here and it must surely be a contender of the later rounds?

Nikolai Dante - more info

Vs

Caballistics Inc - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 5th June and the winner gets a place in Round 4 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Magnetica

2 thrills I have recently re-read / am in the middle of a re-read of.

Caballistics definitely reads better like that, than as multiple series years apart. It's a good thrill, in the bracket below the top echelon.

But Dante is in that top echelon, albeit with three or four I'd put above it.

paddykafka

BPP

I'm sure I'll be happily voting for Dante in later rounds but caballistics is damm near top of my post-Prog 500 greats list. Dom is such a unique artist and the characters so strong, including old Harry himself. All time top thrill.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

abelardsnazz

Caballistics is great but Dante had such an energy to him from the off, like nothing before in the prog I don't think. And such an arc, the wildly differing styles of Burns and Fraser completing each other. Sorry Gordon and Dom but it has to be Nikolai Dante at this stage.

Blue Cactus

Nikolai Dante. Couldn't stand him at first either, whereas I enjoyed Cabs from the off, but Dante grew and grew into one of the top tier. Reread the whole series for the first time ever last year having collected all the UC editions and it was as good as I'd hoped.

rogue69

IndigoPrime

Cabs was pretty great, but Nikolai Dante is among very top tier 2000 AD. So the Russian gets it. So to speak.

Southstreeter

Nooo! Two of my all time top 10! This is cruel. Dante probably edges it with its glorious narrative arc packaged into discrete acts. Hell, even the pirate stuff was good when I read it as a oner rather than the initial 5 year slog.

But I deeply love Cabs, which is always unafraid of being nasty and shocking (poor Dr Brand!). Dante's going to win this round, so I'm going to give my vote to:

Caballistics Inc