Main Menu

“Truth? You can't handle the truth!”

Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

The Obama administration has stolen a weeks worth of posts. I posted the warning yesterday but you wouldn't listen and now the proof has gone.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Proudhuff

now the FACTS about the Lizards have gone too!!!

how do you put a tinfoil hat over your threads?

DDT did a job on me

Spikes

Is this the end of the moon landing conspiracy theories, or the start of a whole shed load of new ones........?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/8746008/New-photographs-show-traces-man-left-on-the-Moon.html

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: The return of Judge Jack on 08 September, 2011, 06:23:13 PM
Is this the end of the moon landing conspiracy theories, or the start of a whole shed load of new ones........?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/8746008/New-photographs-show-traces-man-left-on-the-Moon.html

Pfft, anyone can do that. Here's a photo of the secret NSA base in Schiller Crater on the moon:

Took me about ten minutes.

=========

Did anyone just watch that ludicrous "9/11 Road Trip" on BBC3?

Bloody Hell, talk about skewed.

An important topic like this and they get a comedian to present it. That sets the tone from the off, and when it becomes apparent that said comedian's raison d'etre seems to be convincing the road trippers to "see sense" then you know there's not much chance of balance here.

A pile of loose thermite won't cut through steel? Well, duh. A pile of loose gunpowder won't do much damage, either - but compact and shape a tiny fraction of that pile into a small, brass casing and you get enough energy to propel a small amount of lead over a mile at twice the speed of sound. And how does a few hundred gallons of jet fuel melt what is essentially a huge heat-sink enough to cause a catastrophic and symmetrical failure? Have these film makers never heard of Richard Gage, ffs? And did you notice that the "computer simulation" of the plane hitting the pentagon had the engines of the plane (which, being composed of titanium alloy, would have caused far more damage than the aluminium fuselage) conveniently disappeared upon impact?

I can feel my gall rising, lol. I'd best shut up now before I really go off on one!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Speaking of the Moon Landings, I so desperately want to believe that they happened.

I've just watched an intriguing documentary piece on Sky Channel 201 called A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon which showed footage apparently showing Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins faking images of the Earth from orbit when they should have been nearly at the moon. It seems to show them shutting out all the lights in the spacecraft and then filming the Earth from the opposite side of the module from where the porthole is, making it look small and far away. (It's on YouTube if anyone's interested.)

Intriguing questions are raised, such as why didn't the astronauts take a telescope with them? It may not have been much use during the lunar day, but at night the view should be spectacular even with the most basic of instruments.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Emperor

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 09 September, 2011, 03:04:49 AM
Speaking of the Moon Landings, I so desperately want to believe that they happened.

Your luck's in, they did happen.

Next.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

O Lucky Stevie!

Intriguing questions are raised, such as why didn't the astronauts take a telescope with them? It may not have been much use during the lunar day, but at night the view should be spectacular even with the most basic of instruments.

That'd be down to baggage weight mass restrictions & the lack of leg room between seats.

Dead set.

EDIT: corrected Jeanette Wintersonism.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

radiator

QuoteDid anyone just watch that ludicrous "9/11 Road Trip" on BBC3?

Bloody Hell, talk about skewed.

An important topic like this...

Sorry, but it isn't an important topic, I thought the programme treated it with the seriousness it deserved. Care to explain why the US goverment staged 9/11? I'm in no doubt that the US government and several shady organisations took advantage of the post-9/11 situation (as is sadly the way with these things) and profited from it, but what could be so important to them that they would risk - if rumbled - mass civic disorder and probable revolution or even civil war? If they wanted to make a case for war with Iraq, then why 'frame' a Saudi terrorist? If they're making all this up, then why not implicate Iraq directly rather than awkwardly try to link it to Saddam after the event? And how did they pull it off? An operation like that would have involved hundreds, if not thousands, of individuals. What happened to them? All killed by assassins who then killed each other a la Adrian Veidt's Doomsday plan? And could the government really find hundreds of willing volunteers to cheerily slaughter thousands of their fellow citizens? If only our governments were efficient and organised enough to pull off something on that scale! Who did they convince to pilot the planes? Did they give an airforce pilot a nice little bonus for blowing themselves and hundreds of other people up? Or were the planes a hologram or something?

QuoteA pile of loose thermite won't cut through steel? Well, duh. A pile of loose gunpowder won't do much damage, either - but compact and shape a tiny fraction of that pile into a small, brass casing and you get enough energy to propel a small amount of lead over a mile at twice the speed of sound. And how does a few hundred gallons of jet fuel melt what is essentially a huge heat-sink enough to cause a catastrophic and symmetrical failure?

Funny how reading a bit of hearsay online seems to make all truthers munitions and demolition experts! My guess is the twin towers collapsed because someone flew some planes into them.

Buddy

Well apart from the weight/available space issue, a lunar day is approx 28 earth days, the astronauts didn't go there during the lunar night (what would be the point?), how would they get their eyes to the eyepiece on the telescope and just what exactly would the be looking at that you couldn't see with a telescope on earth?

If this programme is implying that the moon has the same day/night time scale as earth it's clear they haven't looked into the moon landings (or basic astronomy) to any great degree and therefore any other 'Intriguing questions' investigated should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Matt Timson

Just wanted to share this because it cracks me up.  Basically, start watching from 28 minutes in and try to guess where I burst out laughing...

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTvoNUxMz7Y&feature=feedwll&list=WL
Pffft...

JOE SOAP

So Martians are Castrati, then how does that explain their deeply resonant bellowing of ULLA! back in the day?

What's more amazing is how you got 28 minutes into this?

Matt Timson

Also- and not really wanting to get dragged into this- I do find it an amazing coincidence that not one, not two, but THREE buildings all managed to collapse into their own footprints.  I'm not suggesting for one minute that such a thing can't happen without careful planning- but I'm amazed that people find it so difficult to believe that other people find this a little bit fishy.

I also find it pretty comical that people seem to think that an enormous number of conspirators would have to be involved to make it happen.  Really?  It's easy to believe that 19(?) people hijacked planes and flew them into buildings- but 19 other people couldn't have conspired to do exactly the same thing for entirely different reasons?  Sure- there'd be dupes along the way- but they could be easily gotten rid of.  If you weren't in any particular hurry, you'd have years to set it all up.  I think I mentioned this before, but maintenance crews would've been in and out of the place all the time.  Not too difficult to rig all three buildings over time, if you wanted to.  Who's to say the hijackers even intended to fly the planes into buildings at all?  Maybe they were just dupes and the planes were under outside control?

Again, I'm not saying that any of this is what happened- but it is possible.  I'm sure people have done worse things for money, power and resources in the past- and I'm reasonably sure that they'll do worse things again in the future.
Pffft...

Matt Timson

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 09 September, 2011, 12:51:17 PM
So Martians are Castrati, then how does that explain their deeply resonant bellowing of ULLA! back in the day?

Just on in the background while I'm working.  I'll listen to pretty much anything- even the obvious rubbish, so long as it doesn't affect my concentration (such as it is).  If nothing else, it keeps my imagination ticking over nicely.
Pffft...

Matt Timson

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 09 September, 2011, 12:51:17 PM

Also, from that description, I am clearly a Martian.

Which would explain a lot.
Pffft...

Emperor

Quote from: Matt Timson on 09 September, 2011, 12:46:14 PM
Just wanted to share this because it cracks me up.  Basically, start watching from 28 minutes in and try to guess where I burst out laughing...

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTvoNUxMz7Y&feature=feedwll&list=WL

Brilliant. If you had it on in the background you must have stopped and thought "did I just hear that or have I gone mad?" Also this is proof, if it were needed, that Rebekah Wade is a Martian.

What I like is that he spends an hour banging on about Martians, how they live here and we can teleport to Mars, but doesn't go "ah fuck it, let me show you, we're all off to Mars." he has already blown the gaffe there, he might as well go the whole hog and prove it without any shadownof a doubt.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+