Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Well. All packed and ready to go. Ship sails at 7:30 to Rotterdam, from their we are on a two week holiday through Europe. Expect photos of camp food and me being immature about foreign signs.  We'll be passing through a french village called...well, you'll have to wait and see.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

CrazyFoxMachine

Frank

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 05 July, 2014, 12:12:13 PM
Have fun Hawk .... you know what you must do...

Any board member travelling abroad has to remember to pack more than just Tetley tea bags, and johnnies in case they get lucky:

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?topic=22198.0

Spikes

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 05 July, 2014, 10:29:35 AM
me being immature about foreign signs. 

Well, you and me both! Oh, the Brit abroad,  ;) (And you ought to see what 'You can...' is in Dutch..)

Got back from a little Euro trip trip last week (Two days in Holland and two in Germany).

Enjoy Hawks, and have a grand time!

I, Cosh

Due to the uneven distribution of, I was beginning to think my arsehole was squint  but I've finally figured out that I'm leaning slightly to one side to stop the pokey thing which holds the outdated disinfectant block thing in place from jagging into the back of my leg.
We never really die.

Theblazeuk

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

I, Cosh

Sorry about the confusion. The missing word was "skidmarks."
Quote from: The Cosh on 14 July, 2014, 01:46:12 PM
Due to the uneven distribution of [Skidmarks go here], I was beginning to think my arsehole was squint...

Edited to add: skidmarks.
We never really die.

Grugz

Quote from: The Cosh on 14 July, 2014, 01:46:12 PM
Due to the uneven distribution of, I was beginning to think my arsehole was squint  but I've finally figured out that I'm leaning slightly to one side to stop the pokey thing which holds the outdated disinfectant block thing in place from jagging into the back of my leg.
[/quote

Nurse!!!!!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Dunk!

After a year of squabbling the redundancy tribunal for my old place went our way finally.

Glad that only took a year to come round back to the original situation.

But it's over and the old company I worked for is finally dead. Yay!

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Hawkmumbler

Final full day on the continent, expect a full write up when i'm home with my laptop. Not as many pictures as I promised but some amusing tales none the less.

Anyway, we went into Arras in France today and I found heaven. A little, independent, flourishing graphic novel shop called Cap Nord. Wall to wall glory. From posters of Asterix and the Goths and XIII, to walls of book cases containing French translations of everything. And I mean everything, titles UK distributers are finding hard to get their hands on where two a penny. If your ever passing through, make time to go in. Amazing little shop.

http://www.canalbd.net

SmallBlueThing

...because once in a while a phrase hits you out of nowhere and then stays lodged in your head, unshifting.

This has just happened to me- a Facebook link to an article about "juggalos"-

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/nsfw-photos-of-the-sexy-juggalettes-of-the-gathering-of-the-juggalos-954

introduced me to the term "juicy poopers", meaning ladies' bottoms.

I now want to say it out loud. I want to say it out loud soooo badly. But I can't cos my kids are around.

SBT

ZenArcade

SBT,  between you and the cosh, this fundament derived the imagery has to stop. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Noisybast

SBT: This has amused me no end. I'm sitting at my desk trying not to let my mirth show *too* much.

Life is sometimes sort of okay because I've just had a refund for a parking ticket I got in Leeds last month. My moany email about their incredibly misleading (some would say downright dishonest) sign seems to have done the trick. Huzzah!
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!