Main Menu

Tim Burton Hints at Nemesis Movie!

Started by The Legendary Shark, 01 April, 2024, 06:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Speaking at AnimoCon in California last week, Tim Burton reportedly teased audiences with the subject of his next-but-one film project; "There's a writer called Pat Mills, from the UK, who wrote about an alien freedom fighter back in the 70s. All I can say is that we're in negotiations." Burton further hinted that stop-motion genius Phil Tippett may also be involved because he "lost a bet." The script is currently on its fourth draft (due to 'creative concerns') and pre-production is due to begin sometime in late 2025 or early 2026. Full details can be found here: animasaurus.Rex.com/news/2077612

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Colin YNWA

nxylas

I really hate today. It's not the despair, it's the hope.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

JayzusB.Christ

Me too. I remember my late best mate texting to say he'd sent our admittedly shite sitcom script to the Father Ted writers*, and they wanted to meet us tu discuss it. I excitedly told my parents then began to plan my new high-flying life as a comedy writer, then found myself very close to tears when he reminded me what day it is.

Still, he's gone forever now, and I miss the fecker something rotten despite it all.

*this was before Linehan started acting the twazzock on Twitter, of course.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Well, I didn't expect this thread to win any comedy awards but neither did I expect it to trigger existential crises.

Sorry about that.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

No bother at all, it was more a response to Nxylas the Unpronounceable than anything you said.

Edit - though I will say, for the record,  I'm not a fan of April Fool's pranks or any other kind for that matter - the small ones like yours are harmless of course,  but I've had a couple of mischievous friends cause me huge amounts of anxiety or disappointment through elaborate hoaxes that nobody but the orchestrators found funny.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

nxylas

I should say that my comment was meant tongue in cheek. It wasn't really an existential crisis.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

JayzusB.Christ

Sorry, I didn't mean to get so serious. I was feeling very hungover and morose, so don't mind me. And Johnny Depp would make a rubbish Nemesis anyway.

The Legendary Shark

I heard Johnny Depp would be playing Purity Brown...

Who would lend Nemesis a good voice, though? Hugo Weaving? Anthony Hopkins? Alan Carr?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

You're forgetting it's Tim Burton.  Depp is already cast which only leaves Helena Bonham Carter as Nemesis.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Doomlord66

In all seriousness, I always thought Clancy Brown would make a great Torquemada

karlos

Leslie Phillips would've been a great Nemesis:

"Well, Cre-Do!"

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Doomlord66 on 03 April, 2024, 10:13:59 AMIn all seriousness, I always thought Clancy Brown would make a great Torquemada

I'll buy that for a dollar. Perfect choice, especially for the Hicklenton era. 

I just can't put a voice to Nemesis - how does he speak anyway through his near-permanently closed mouth grill?  How does an alien god speak English? It would be like trying to find a voice actor for that other Lord of the Flies, the pig's-head beast god that only speaks in Simon's mind.