Main Menu

2000AD Sci-Fi Special 2014

Started by Bat King, 15 May, 2014, 10:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

It's not Pye.

The cover artist is mentioned on the link Sauchie posted, which has a link to his dA gallery.

http://superconvoy75.deviantart.com/

Fungus

Didn't hit Sauchie's link, keeping the content as a greater surprise come release...
PYE-01 comment had a smiley, wild guess on my part.

Steve Green

Best steer clear of the Meg as well then...

Frank

Don't worry, Fungus; I posted it and didn't bother following the link to his deviant art page. As well as the Saul Bass inflected advertising work he's produced, Biggie's done some covers for IDW which look great. I can see why he got the gig:

Proudhuff

Love the idea of this SS, however that cover is looks like it wouldn't get a placing in a Art comp on this very board, poor show, it doesn't scream Summer Special too me. Mind you the contents look beezer!
DDT did a job on me

Dark Jimbo

Hmm. The stuff in his gallery is, almost without exception, really good - but the Special cover is... decidedly less so. Unfamiliarity/uninterest with the source material, perhaps?
@jamesfeistdraws

Fungus

Quote from: Steve Green on 17 May, 2014, 05:20:04 PM
Best steer clear of the Meg as well then...

Ugh, it heavily previews the content then? Then that's real filler. Which Meg readers would need arm-twisting to pick up the 'Special? Full page ad acceptable at most.

Beats articles on Marvel UK, Godzilla and Beeby though  :o

Steve Green

There are four pages about the Summer Special.

Proudhuff

Is it in the shops yet? its pishing down in Edinbra and CBA with the trip to FP  :D
DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Fungus on 19 May, 2014, 04:23:32 PM

Beats articles on Marvel UK, Godzilla and Beeby though  :o

Wash your dirty mouth out!

SmallBlueThing

Any idea as to why what was announced as a "Summer Special #1" is now "Sci-Fi Special 2014"?

SBT

Proudhuff

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 17 May, 2014, 12:30:18 PM
You negative git ::)
'
call me olde fashioned but that artwork looks like someone's spilt their tea on it  :-X
DDT did a job on me

Frank

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 26 May, 2014, 03:30:19 PM
Any idea as to why what was announced as a "Summer Special #1" is now "Sci-Fi Special 2014"?

There were many Sci-Fi Specials, but only one Summer Special. Rebellion are hoping to make this and the Winter Special regular fixtures again, so I suppose they want to frame the Sci-Fi Special as a continuation of a tradition, rather than the second in a series of one-offs.

Bat King

Yup a branding issue I should think. I woulda bought it either way but the title made me smile.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

mogzilla

this and the prog shall be my companions on the poophole that is Blackburn station tomorrow  :D
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.