Main Menu

Non 2000ad artwork that you own ....

Started by Fatboydale, 20 January, 2013, 07:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

There's production art and there's production art... I've seen (often) acetate copies used in B&W artwork reproduction /printing process but these are a long way from the one-off, hand coloured pieces such as those featured to such effect on Steve's blog.  Check out a few of the 2000AD covers he's posted there, Bob - I'm sure you'll get what I mean.

Sideshow Bob

Thanks for the info guys... :)
So...if I understand correctly......they are ( 'Rare' - Thanks Skullmo, got the joke relating to a previous thread ) ....essentially photocopies of the originals, usually on acetate,  and then recoloured / tidied up to recreate the original......albeit in sharper inking and 'fresher' colouring...And colouring / lettering may ( or may not be done by original artist / letterer )..... Is that about it ??

They certainly look good, but don't think I'll be tempted down this route.....FFS, it's bad enough  :'(  trying to get the pieces I actually want,  without adding even more to try and collect !!.....I can understand the collectors' though, it certainly appears to be considerably cheaper than the 'route' I've chosen...
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

james newell

Cam Kennedy's Fighting Mann from the pages of Battle 1979 i think, I whis they would reprint this, i have an issue or 2 and Cam's work is out standing.

Detail

maryanddavid

Lovey stuff and a decent story too. Are you going to Derry James?

Spikes

Quote from: james newell on 15 May, 2013, 11:02:10 PM
Cam Kennedy's Fighting Mann from the pages of Battle 1979 i think, I whis they would reprint this, i have an issue or 2 and Cam's work is out standing.

That is a very nice page indeed, James - and ive often popped by on CAF to take another look. Seem to remember being quite keen on Fighting Mann, but i never did get to see how this strip ended, so i wouldnt mind a reprint of this, either.

ming

Quote from: james newell on 15 May, 2013, 11:02:10 PM

Yeah, that's an absolutely fantastic page (great to see it on CAF by the way, James).  Looking at how the action is presented and the way that Cam guides your eye with each panel, it's clearly the work of a very accomplished storyteller.  Cam still has a bunch of Fighting Mann pages available, I think...

james newell

Quote from: maryanddavid on 15 May, 2013, 11:15:00 PM
Lovey stuff and a decent story too. Are you going to Derry James?
hi david, wont be at derry, but good luck with the forthcoming Comic Archive, look forward to it the last one, " One Eye Jack" was excellent! loved the section on logos too.
j

Call-Me-Kenneth

Here are a few of the pieces of non 2000AD comic art that I own:

Martin Emond's White Trash:

Bisley's Hellblazer:

The Suicide Bridge pages 1 & 2

(The light is not part of the picture lol)

Bisley Marvel's The Fearsome Four:

Skullmo

Quote from: Call-Me-Kenneth on 24 May, 2013, 10:48:38 PM
Here are a few of the pieces of non 2000AD comic art that I own:

Martin Emond's White Trash:

Bisley's Hellblazer:

The Suicide Bridge pages 1 & 2

(The light is not part of the picture lol)

Bisley Marvel's The Fearsome Four:

Cracking stuff! I loved Bisley's Hellblazer stuff
It's a joke. I was joking.

Spikes

Indeed, some very nice art there, C.M.K!

Link Prime

Some very nice Biz pages there CMK.

Here's a poorly photographed pic of the 2nd best comic in the world 'OINK'.
No 80's childhood was complete without the 1-2 punch of an issue of 2000AD & OINK being read back to back.

The artist is the legendary Lew Stringer, and is notable due to the fact he doesn't do much painted work.
It's also the sole reason that I couldn't afford a Three-A Mongrol figurine...but I think I made the right decision!

Link Prime

Slightly better pic this time...
It's 'Pete and his Pimple', again from Oink, again by Lew Stringer.

Skullmo

Lew Stringer is great! I loved oink.

Call-Me-Kenneth

Some more Hellblazer pages, especially for Skullmo!!

A Bisley office scene, no less!

Skullmo

I love Biz's Hellblazer stuff. I was trying to get a B/W page when the cover came along and I just could not turn it down.

You picked up some great pages there!