Main Menu

Non 2000ad artwork that you own ....

Started by Fatboydale, 20 January, 2013, 07:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Call-Me-Kenneth

Yeah, Rob McGinnis and Bob Peaket have to be two of my very favourite artists.

I actually remember that Dracula film from when I was a kid. Dracula AD 1972 or summink.
Full of hippies and Christopher Lee and whatnot.

Man, I used to live for Hammer Horror films when I was a younger....pity they're not on (terrestrial tv) that much anymore.  :(

Great stuff Dale.

Colin YNWA

Spikes

Been on a Brendan McCarthy trip of late, and while im waiting for the Strange Days series to land, this little vintage sketch - which set me back 69p(!), makes a nicely fitting addition to my collection.

Simon Beigh

69p!!! What a snag that is! I know it isn't exactly the Mona Lisa, but 69p is a bargain in anyone's book  :)

Nice one, JJ

Sideshow Bob

Yep, got to agree with SimeonB here.....
Only 69 pence for a 'convention' style sketch from one of the great 2000AD artists......and signed as well !!
Amazing,  when you think that this type of 'sketch' usually costs about £20 from artists at Comic Conventions....

I thought I got a bargain ( and I did ) with my Henry Flint 'Mongrol' sketch for £14.25, but that one's a winner in every way Judge Jack...
Cheers..
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

The Enigmatic Dr X

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tirrell/166066174/

I own an a1 print if this signed by both brothers. It is ace. I cannot figure out how to post an I age via the iPad though.
Lock up your spoons!

Skullmo

The cover to TMNT 23 (original Mirage series from the 1980s) by Mark Martin

It's a joke. I was joking.

Link Prime

chiefy2shoes

So, just came back from day 2 of the London Film & Comic Con and have some cool swag to show off. Check out the 2000 ad original art thread for lots more sketches I picked up. As usual I was over budget by 11am on day one.

I had to get something from Mike Ploog and opted for a Werewolf by Night. Most people were going for Ghost Rider.

As he was only charging £10 I thought I'd go back and get another one. This time I went for The Spirit.

Roger Langridge is always someone who gets my money and this is a cool Fred the Clown and The Fez piece.

Laurence Campbell with a 5 Ronin sketch.

I umm'd and ahh'd and couldn't decide if I should get a Risso piece. £100 for full figure was out of my price bracket but when I went up to him on the Sunday and asked about his schedule I was shocked that he said he was free for sketches. I ended up getting a headshot for £50 but it's a good un and I didn't know if I 'd ever get another chance to get something from him. Out of interest I provided him with reference for a Dredd sketch but said he'd rather do something else, hence the Viking.

Enemy Ace by Chris Weston

Destro by Geoff Senior

Usagi Yojimbo by Jack Lawrence

Moon Knight by Laurence Campbell

Cobra Commander by Andy Wildman

A Crazy good Mars Attacks piece by Lee Bradley

Iceman by Gabriel Hernandez Walta

Zombie Combat Colin by Lew Stringer

Wilfred by Henry Davies. Context - I had taken some home made cupcakes to give out to artists who did me sketches.

These were taken on my phone but I'll put up some scans on CAF when I get the chance.
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=87116

Richmond Clements

Some awesome stuff there. But... £50 for a sketch? :-0

Fatboydale

Some Great sketches , the Lew Stringer is my favorite ...

Spikes

Aye great stuff. Fave? Gotta be the Ploog Werewolf.

chiefy2shoes

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 07 July, 2013, 04:15:40 PM
Some awesome stuff there. But... £50 for a sketch? :-0

£50 is my upper limit for a con sketch. (I've paid a bit more for a pre con sketch. I paid £80 for a Paulo Rivera Deathlok but that was more of a commission to be honest).

Can you believe Neal Adams was charging £200 for a bust sketch! and even worse £20 to get a comic signed. He's the only comic creator I've ever known to charge for signatures.

hippynumber1