Main Menu

Non 2000ad artwork that you own ....

Started by Fatboydale, 20 January, 2013, 07:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

We are truly spoiled by the 2k creators in this respect...

chiefy2shoes

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 07 July, 2013, 04:31:09 PM
£200!  :o That's taking the piss!

He had a massive stand with loads of pre done sketches/commissions. There was a coloured A4 Superman piece (no background) that I thought was so-so. I then looked at the price tag. £1500. Ouch.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Judge Jack on 06 July, 2013, 11:02:40 AM
Been on a Brendan McCarthy trip of late, and while im waiting for the Strange Days series to land, this little vintage sketch - which set me back 69p(!), makes a nicely fitting addition to my collection.

That's a bit...Zenithy... ;-)

hippynumber1

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 07 July, 2013, 04:35:38 PM
We are truly spoiled by the 2k creators in this respect...

Absolutely! I have not yet paid for a sketch from one of the 2000AD droids! They are generous with both their time and their talent.

Link Prime

Quote from: Fatboydale on 07 July, 2013, 04:22:48 PM
Some Great sketches , the Lew Stringer is my favorite ...

Seconded.
He's one of my all time favorite artists.

Fatboydale

One of my favorite pages of Warhammer by Colin MacNeil

Link Prime

A NI based Ebay seller had a sh!t load of Pugh, Bisley and McCrea pages up over the past few days.
I literally couldn't resist a Biz page for 40 quid, so bid on two.
Ended up with this one...

Link Prime

A very nice Frank Teran 'Kazar' page.
Going for peanuts on Ebay yesterday.

I bought it mainly just to annoy Colin_YNWA.  ;)

Colin YNWA

Funnily enough I did consider bidding on that (or buying was it a buy it now?) but decided against it for two reasons. It is a lovely page, but the book isn't a great Ka-Zar book (mind there are many you cna say that about) and doesn't have two of the elements that would make my eventual Ka-Zar purchase which are of course dinosaurs and Zabu.

Still lovely page, well done.

Link Prime

I'll be honest with you- I bought it more for the fact it's a lovely example of Teran's work than it was Kazar.
It wasn't 'buy it now', and I won it with an opening bid placed a week before.
Just works out like that sometimes.

Another recent purchase much closer to my heart; a very early 'Tom Thug' (from Oink 7) by Lew Stringer.
Lew also sent me a very nice note with it, giving out about the fact the editors tip-exed over his 'Foot of the page' gag (a foot at the bottom of the page).
The Philistines!

Skullmo

That Tom Thug is brilliant! And i love the foot of the page gag!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Colin Zeal

With this discussion of sketches, can anyone explain to me the habit some artists have of taking a photograph of you with the finished article? When I've asked I've never got a response that makes sense to me. Is it something to do with trying to stop you selling them on later? So if sketches end up on Ebay then the artists can compare details and refuse to sell you another one in the future?

Fatboydale

A couple of rare Star Blazer covers by Colin MacNeil

Andy_Lee

Dale, you have the nicest of stuff. Have you ever thought about opening a gallery or just inviting us all round for a cup of tea and a collective "Wow"?

Fatboydale

Quote from: AndyLee on 15 July, 2013, 09:16:16 PM
Dale, you have the nicest of stuff. Have you ever thought about opening a gallery or just inviting us all round for a cup of tea and a collective "Wow"?

coming round to my house , that would mean trying up and best china out .... only 2 people have been around here and one was John Wagner .... one day i might have a small gallery show ... just not got enough art ...yet .