Main Menu

Non 2000ad artwork that you own ....

Started by Fatboydale, 20 January, 2013, 07:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

o1s1n

All depends what compliments the art really. Black mounting but with a white boarder can look really well.

Like this

Recrewt

Quote from: Skullmo on 01 August, 2013, 04:01:09 PM
Try it with shocking pink!

Honestly! Do you think I have got nothing better to do?  ::) ;)

hippy - I agree that it does look a little washed out with the white.  I would probably have included a thin black border if I was framing it myself with the white mount.  Also, as o1s1n suggested a white border would have helped with the black mounting board. 

There's no wrong answer, just personal preference, but if it were me I would go with the white mount.

hippynumber1

The pink is very fetching though, don't you think?

Skullmo

Quote from: Recrewt on 01 August, 2013, 04:38:46 PM
Quote from: Skullmo on 01 August, 2013, 04:01:09 PM
Try it with shocking pink!

Honestly! Do you think I have got nothing better to do?  ::) ;)

hippy - I agree that it does look a little washed out with the white.  I would probably have included a thin black border if I was framing it myself with the white mount.  Also, as o1s1n suggested a white border would have helped with the black mounting board. 

There's no wrong answer, just personal preference, but if it were me I would go with the white mount.

:D

Wonderful!

Recrewt

Frank

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 01 August, 2013, 03:52:10 PM
Now, to my eye, the white washes out the artwork while the black allows the lighter areas to pop forward!

This be truth. The white border makes no real difference to the Rorschach image's grey and black tones, but the Nite Owl part of the triptych just vanishes into the acres of white, and all the contrast and intensity of the Comedian headshot is blanded out completely.

You could say the same (or the opposite) about the choice of such a large area of solid black as a mount, but I'd still go for a darker background, to offer some contrast to the lighter grey tones which dominate the image area of the art. Black and a colour works, as does white and a colour, but grey tones are only really complemented by lighter or darker grey tones - I'd go for matte dark grey and a smaller mount.

Fatboydale

John Hicklenton proofs and acetate for the story Killer Tounge ( complete 5 pages ), these are the only prints  ...which i think never got reprinted ..

hippynumber1

Page two is a thing of (twisted) beauty...

Skullmo

Lovely stuff!

So these are proofs but not the originals?

Where did you pick these up Dale? Time machine still?

Fatboydale

The Liberators By John Ridgeway

Naked Lady ...anybody know if this was used , by Glenn Fabry

dark-spartan

I can only think of the attached piece which is non 2000ad but done by a UK artist.  It's very large so I had to cut it down for this scan - It by the master Simon Davis and I alway try to pick up his painted covers when ever I can

Fatboydale

Quote from: dark-spartan on 12 August, 2013, 12:56:44 PM
I can only think of the attached piece which is non 2000ad but done by a UK artist.  It's very large so I had to cut it down for this scan - It by the master Simon Davis and I alway try to pick up his painted covers when ever I can

Lovely Cy Gor cover ...

sheldipez

Man, if I ever spash cash out on art it would have to be a Simon Davis piece. Bloody great that.

dark-spartan

He explained to me in London this year at the comic con that all his covers go to one buyer, thus the chances of seeing much of his more recent work on the market is limited - I try to pick it up when I see it