Main Menu

Returning to 2000AD after a long time away!

Started by DethronedEmperor, 12 October, 2011, 09:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DethronedEmperor

Greetings, this is my first post so I'll give a little intro. Started reading 2000AD back in 77 (I was 6 years old) and it had a big impact on me, I have fond memories of reading Dredd, Strontium Dog, Rogue Trooper, Ace Trucking, Robo-Hunter etc, and continued to read it up until around prog 450 or so, then my interest kinda trailed off comics and onto other things. But recently I found myself thinking back to those days and after a trip to Waterstones found that those old stories I loved as a kid are available again (I can see that my wallet is going to take a battering over the next few months). I was wondering what are peoples thoughts on the Rebellion reprints, they look a little smaller than the comics that I remember from the 70's & 80's.

COMMANDO FORCES

Welcome aboard DethronedEmperor, those reprints 'CASE FILES' are excellent value for money and great reads as well.
Just don't expect the spines to match up  ;)

SmallBlueThing

Welcome, and yes they are a bit. And unlike wagon wheels it's not because youre bigger now. However, while it would be great to have them reprinted at original size (or larger), i dont think a bookshelf has been made that would be able to hold them once you get going.

On the whole, Rebellion's trade reprints are phenomenal- there are niggles, of course, as you'd expect, but the bigger picture is that they're great value for money, nicely presented and inclusive of just about everything you remember.

You'll find some hard to get, as they are overdue further printings and currently go for huge sums on ebay (nemesis vol 3 being the obvious one there) and there are conspicuous absences (the 'banned' episodes of the cursed earth, zenith, dan dare, luke kirby, etc) - but look around this forum and you'll stumble upon why that is.

So, hi and welcome back. Dont forget 2000AD is available every wednesday from your local thrillmerchant, for £2.25, and Judge Dredd The Megazine every four weeks for a bit more.

SBT

betel_uk

Welcome!  :D

I'm getting flashbacks by reading your post... I was 10 when I bought prog 1.

And I'm getting possible flashforwards... I have a sneaking suspision I'm going to start buying it again...  ::)

Emperor

#sigh# I will have to do something about these usernames, will they never learn??!?!?!!!!
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Colin YNWA

Welcome back aboard. Enjoy catching up. While you're checking out the nostalgic old stuff there's a host of brilliant recent stuff worth checking out as well. A quick explore on these parts will tell you all about that.

Have fun.