Main Menu

Cyberflares!

Started by Trough, 10 November, 2005, 10:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemaskreplica

gah! have I sunk so low in your eyes??

Steamboy

I like, kinda similar to the version drawn by Mike Collins(Ithink it was him) in one of the latest DWM.  They're faces and heads were a bit more heart shaped but similar bodies just a bit more petite.  Surely they should only have goo and gore coming out of their heads arent they just brains in a body by now?

CU Steamboy

The Enigmatic Dr X

Reminds me of Chameleon (Kameleon?) from the Peter Davidson era.

I like it. It is a change but still recognisably a cyberman. Given that every other cyber-costume has been a silver jump-suit, moon-boots and a helmet I think this is to be applauded.
Lock up your spoons!

WoD

It has good points and some not so good points, but I was so impressed with the Dalek's rotating midrift that I'm going to give them the benefit until we see this in action.  Who's to say there won't be a surprise or two once the CGI guru's have a play.

Dunk!

In the background are they Doctor Who fans?

I thank you.
"Trust we"

WoD

Slightly spoilerish viral type link as per the ones for the series of Who.

Link: http://www.cybuscorporation.com/" target="_blank">Cyber Corp Link

The Amstor Computer

Very cool...

Interesting to note that a piece of (poorly spelled) hidden text says that it's a "fanmade website" with no Beeb affiliation. However, the information stacks up with the set reports I've read, and the photos of the Cybermen don't look like manipulated versions of the one photo so far, so...

I'm also slowly being converted to the new design, which looks - as I'd hoped - far better properly lit. I still don't think it's quite as striking or recognisable as the earlier designs, but maybe a bit more exposure to it will sway me :-)

Floyd-the-k

it's all very well to make fun of the Cybermen, their silly head-handle things, their susceptibility to gold (even humming Neil Young's 'Heart of Gold' does them in) and the constant makeovers. However, they destroyed Adric and surely deserve some respect.

Art

The loss of the dinosaurs was a small price to pay...

The Amstor Computer

Ah, the site is a fan job - bloke 'fessed up over at Outpost Gallifrey, and looking over the images at the site they are just flipped, rotated & processed versions of the press photo. Very well done, though...

Floyd-the-k

I like dinosaurs as much as the next man, but having recently watched Adric 'act'....
  I can't resist attaching an image of more Cyber-goodness here.  At this rate, pictures of Cybermen visiting sick children in hospital and finishing the unfinished symphony can't be far away.http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/gallery/sixthdoctor/images/340/07.jpg">

Carlsborg Expert

Those earpieces should never stop taking the mickey out of Prince Charley.

Eric Plumrose

'So where's your scarf, Tom?'
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.