Main Menu

The Prisoner- remake

Started by johnnystress, 21 November, 2005, 04:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Running Clam

Nodoubt instead of thinking of interesting new ways of carrying the show in different directions and justifying its resurrection;they will just fill it with "shifty lookin'" people from the middle east.After all terrorists are the be all and end all of shows using spies,nowadays.

Adrian Bamforth

It wouldn't really work that way since there isn't really a fear of white Westerners in allegance with Islam like there was in the reds-under-the-bed days. It'll have to be more of a X-Files 'shadow government' type situation.

ADE

Bico

I like that you're thinking about this a lot more then the guy who writes the script will.

Banners

Where am I?
In The Village, South Florida - just off Route 219. We have rides, ponies an exclusive range of t-shirts. Open 365 days a year, check our website for details.

What do you want?
Merchandising rights.

Whose side are you on?
My wife's! She wants a new conservatory - quick! And hey, them damn geek kids love spy stories. We want demographics. Market share. Video games.

You won't get it.
That's not what our Market Research Agency says...

Who are you?
Chuck Dollarman. Pleased ta meetcha.

Who is Number 1?
Um, Madonna? You are Steve Flame - Superhero Superspy!

I am not a number ? I am a free man!
5% on all merchandise?

Done.

Bico

I always enjoy seeing people who don't let their job get them down.

WoD

Heh...good thread...potentialy good/bad idea.  I won't knock it till it arrives.

Quirkafleeg

"Ok it's like this show in the 60s.. it was real cool and everything, about this guy in a prison... well it's updated and he's in GWAN-TAN-NA-MO! Except he isn't. He's an ex-spy but he could really be in charge. Or not. The he realises it's all in VR and-"
"Next!"

Anyone remember the Prisoner comic that came out in the late 80s... it was even more baffling that the tv series. By about a factor of a hundred.

WoD

missed that...but I imagine that's a comic that could easily handle printing errors, pages missing, pages out or order, wrong text in bubbles, etc.

The Adventurer

As I've never watched The Prisoner (DVD's cost to much over here. I'm waiting for Meg 238 to arrive to give me the low down on the series) but the premisis seems sound.

A remake could go either way. Hopefully it'll be another Battlestar Galactica and not another Nightstalker.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Art

They're reshowing it on BBC America, if you've got a way of getting that.

Eric Plumrose

It was pretty shite, actually. The dialogue was especially awful.

"Where's the fire?"
"In my eyes!"

Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Adrian Bamforth

Well, perhaps that's one of the last couple of episodes: a babbling arthouse stream of pretentious conciousness, but many of the earlier episodes are just perfection, such as when they bring on his own doppleganger to act like him and make him doubt who he really is.

ADE

Matt Timson

That's my favourite episode, that is...
Pffft...

Eric Plumrose

Niet, comrade! I was quoting from 'Shattered Visage(?)', DC's four-part Prisoner comic.

As much as I love the show, there's a lot of tosh in there. I'd be inclined to agree with McGoohan, that less is more. Seventeen episodes was far too many to start with. Another series rather misses the point.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.