Main Menu

Second guessing Rennie.

Started by ukdane, 01 April, 2005, 05:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

There's a mini interview on 2000ad review with Gordon Rennie about the upcoming Johnny Woo strip, and where he's taking Dredd. (link below)

I'm glad to see Rennie is getting a chance to do a Dredd "Epic" ("I'm currently in the middle of writing a story called Blood Trails, which will be the big Dredd story for this summer."), as I've enjoyed most of his 2000ad Dredd stories.

It's full of tit bits. With Descent now in print, anyone care to have a go at guessing some of the other tit-bits?

I wonder if Blood Trails will tie in with the Gulag tale- the link being the clone theme?

With the appearance of Karyn in Descent, and Wagner appearing to avoid Karyn- will she be getting her own series? Or maybe it'll be her that bites the bullet?

Link: http://www.2000adreview.co.uk/news/2005/2000adnewsround0203.shtml" target="_blank">Woo! it's Dredd Rennie

Cheers

-Daney

Byron Virgo

Much speculation on the Review board as to who the character getting axed would be - Karyn seems like an initial safe bet, but without knowing who else might turn up in subsequent episodes it's a bit early to say.

Since it's set in the Undercity, couldn't it be Prager?

PJ Holden's art for the Johnny Woo tale looks absolutely blinding, by the way (and can also be seen on Mr. Holden's website).

[Completely off-topic, but have we had all that Spear of Destiny stuff in Caballistics, Inc. yet?]

Trout

Ah, Psi-Judge Karyn: Anderson with a red rinse.
I genuinely hope Gordon manages to do something to develop her as a character.

I'm also pretty delighted he's up to stuff with longer stories. I don't want to swell his head, but he can spin a fair yarn.

- Trout

The Monarch

Since it's set in the Undercity, couldn't it be Prager?

You know thats spooky because when i was reading this weeks dredd I thought that was prager in descent part 1

ukdane

See, now I have a feeling Prager is going to turn up in Descent.

Could Vienna now be "property of Rennie" and scheduled for the chop?
Cheers

-Daney

Byron Virgo

Can a chimp row a boat? And what other types of human-like behaviour are they capable of? For example, could a gorilla ride a penny farthing, or a gibbon clock Timesplitters 2? How realistically close are we to being overthrown in a bloody simian coup, orchestrated by a pan aliance of ape and monkey sub-species?

thinky

"Possibly some kind of solo strip may appear, but one set far, far away from Mega-City One."

could this be Dolman?

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

Smiley

I wanna see Koburn on a trans Cursed Earth road race.

ukdane

Smiley: Sends a shiver of Sleaze 'n' Ryder down the spine!
Cheers

-Daney

The Amstor Computer

"I wanna see Koburn on a trans Cursed Earth road race."

Best. Idea. Ever.