Main Menu

Recent posts

Film & TV / Transformers 40th anniversary ...
Last post by rogue69 - Today at 09:16:56 AM
Just seen that the first 4 episodes of the original Transfomers animation are being shown in cinemas on the 15th, 18th & 19th May as part of it's 40th anniversary, an exclusive behind-the-scenes table read appears on a split screen with episode 1 the other 3 shown as normal
Events / Re: Lawless 2024
Last post by Barrington Boots - Today at 09:12:12 AM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on Today at 08:37:40 AMYeah I managed to book to late to get a ticket for the VIP bash - so Barrington if you fancy playing out in the evening that would be super cool.

It'd be a pleasure!

Quote from: Trooper McFad on Today at 08:40:42 AMBoots defo meet up for a drink after the VIP thing

Definitely! You can tell us all about hobnobbing with the big names
Creative Common / Re: Does my Art look big in th...
Last post by Trooper McFad - Today at 08:58:32 AM
That's a great pic Nightbook. I did my Stront mini's in a similar style -monochrome with that splash of colour for the badge.
Last post by Trooper McFad - Today at 08:40:42 AM
Boots defo meet up for a drink after the VIP thing
Last post by Colin YNWA - Today at 08:37:40 AM
Yeah I managed to book to late to get a ticket for the VIP bash - so Barrington if you fancy playing out in the evening that would be super cool.

To be honest it might be a little to sit down at a table to be as much fun as hanging out at the bar has always been at cons I've been to in the past has been. But sounds like it could be a blast for those who have got tickets.
Last post by Barrington Boots - Today at 08:25:19 AM
No evening do for me I'm afraid mate, I didn't fancy dressing up! I'll catch you after for some drinks in the bar?

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys for the first time!
Last couple of years I've worn my heavy metal jacket for easy identification but it's hot and heavy for going round a con, so I'll tag up what I'm wearing on the day. I'm sure I'll be easy to find in a room full of similar-looking men.
Off Topic / Re: Boys Adventure comic blog
Last post by Richard S. - Today at 06:27:38 AM
More photos from Eaglecon '80 (celebrating the 30th anniversary of the launch of Eagle)

https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/2024/05/eaglecon-80-part-3.html
Film & TV / Re: Last movie watched...
Last post by Colin YNWA - Today at 06:01:19 AM
Well finally got around to finishing The Gate last night and not sure why I bothered. A seemingly random series of not at all scary stuff. I was kinda hoping for a hidden gem of an 80s horror. Nothing of the sort and the 2000ad cover was by far the best thing in this movie.

Entirely pointless!
Off Topic / Re: The Implications Of AI Art...
Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 01:15:56 AM
Star Wars - 1950's Super Panavision 70 makes me think of what I imagine a bad trip would be like, although if I was actually on 'shrooms I'd probably think this was the most genius thing I'd ever seen, and that the AI must've been tripping balls when it made it.

"Watch out, R2 - eyes are melting off faces!"
Film & TV / Re: New Doctor Who series
Last post by edgeworthy - Today at 01:02:18 AM
The best part was Paul and John playing a chord!

Convince me I'm wrong?