Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba Zebill

Iron Man, his mouth was always a longish rectangle...a slot, a letterbox, not today.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Spikes

In prison 'Its a Knock-out' is played literally.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I wonder how long it is now before they start going after rock/pop stars from the 60s/70s
You may quote me on that.

Recrewt

My cat's breath smells of cat meat!

Frank

Quote from: Judge Jack on 02 May, 2013, 05:08:25 PM
In prison 'Its a Knock-out' is played literally.

I don't think he'll be laughing now

Listening to the news on the radio today has been a profoundly depressing experience. When characters like Hall, Roache, Starr, Harris and Clifford were arrested I tried to bear in mind that phrases as vague as indecent assault could mean a thirty-five year old getting a hand job from a willing fifteen year old he met in a pub, and that attitudes to sex in The Summer of Love were different to our own.  None of that applies to someone who touches up a nine year old.

TordelBack

Quote from: sauchie on 02 May, 2013, 05:34:18 PMNone of that applies to someone who touches up a nine year old.

Mirroring my own thought processes there.  Just when you think you've become as disillusioned and cynical about people as you're likely to get, you read another sickening list of crimes by someone who used to define your family evenings in front of the telly and realise that you're still a babe in the woods in the scheme of things. I mean fucking hell, man.

My Mum was a terrific royalist as a kid (we actually went over during the Queen's Jubilee, watching the fleet review from a carpark is one of my strongest childhood memories), as many Irish people were, and I remember how heartbroken she was when all the shite around Charles and Diana's marriage was pouring relentlessly out and the Royal Family had become like an extended episode of Kilroy: "it used to be something special, now it's all ruined", she used to say.  Unsympathetic republican that I was/am, I used to marvel at this: they're only people, what the hell did she expect? 

Well, now I get it.

Bubba Zebill

Despite how hard Prague tries...you can never hold back Spring.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgeZEdbv_m8&list=RD02knII3S0MZtY
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Spikes

That's as may be, but ive now got two copies of Judge Dredd: Year One # 2. Not totally sure how that's happened...

Charlie boy

Tu Pac's aunt becomes first woman to be placed on FBI Most Wanted list.

Frank

Quote from: Charlie boy on 03 May, 2013, 05:00:59 PM
Tu Pac's aunt becomes first woman to be placed on FBI Most Wanted list.

Joanne Chesimard/Assata Shakur is the first female to be added to the Feds' Most Wanted Terrorist list, but trustifarian turned bank robber Patty Hearst and Black Panther affiliate Angela Davis both made the regular list in the Seventies, along with countless XX bad asses I've never heard of. Commit a federal offence and you make the list.

Charlie boy

I got it from glancing at the link to this
http://news.uk.msn.com/trending-blog/fbi-%E2%80%98most-wanted-terrorist%E2%80%99-rapper-tupac%E2%80%99s-shakur-aunt-209182
On clicking the link to bring the above up, I immediately noticed a section stating 'reports Daily Mail' and cursed myself.

Frank

I should really head over there and see what spin The Mail is putting on today's election results. My guess is they'll be licking their lips at the prospect of the calls for a lurch to the right which UKIP's gains will provoke among the party faithful.

Sorry, wrong thread.

Modern Panther

I now understand why call for a "devolved" English parliament weren't taken up by any mainstream party.  The whole country would be a xenophobic dictatorship by now. 

Luckily, you have your left leaning Scotch and Welsh brothers to stop you all from tipping over the edge.

...maybe you should have been nicer to us...

von Boom

Jared Katooie