Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Bollocks, I'm sat here on the 509 near Camden with a broken down lorry waiting for recovery. It was looking like an easier than normal night as well.
Best I see what's on the iplayer  ::)

blakaam kaplow

'your mom's house' is a meme? I thought memes had to include bad spelling and a cat

?

House of Usher

Quote from: blakaam kaplow on 20 March, 2010, 10:09:53 PM
I'm sorry but the world has either gone mad or I have
Boots is a Pharmacy. I'm not criticizing your choice of eating establishment, I just don't believe Mr. Boots looked over the antiseptic racks of beauty products athletes foot medicine and clearasil  and thought 'I know what'd go well with these products; sandwiches!'

Believe it or not, but from 1898 onwards, Boots was also a lending library. I have several books, purchased from charity shops, that once were borrowable from Boots stores.

"The Boots Book Lending service was established in 1898. Members paid a subscription and were able to borrow books: light romances and 'whodunnits' being the most popular. By 1938 Boots libraries were issuing 35 million books each year."

http://www.ambaile.org.uk/en/item/item_photograph.jsp?item_id=777

So not just beauty products, athlete's foot medicine and clearasil then.
STRIKE !!!

blakaam kaplow

Quote from: House of Usher on 21 March, 2010, 02:46:21 AM
Believe it or not, but from 1898 onwards, Boots was also a lending library. I have several books, purchased from charity shops, that once were borrowable from Boots stores.
I don't believe it, I'm sorry I simply can't...

Even though the only other plausible explanation is some kind of elaborate conspiracy, by person or persons unknown to vastly exaggerate the available products at a pharmacy for some obscure, but probably sinister reason.
This is still more likely than hungry people with stubbed toes, unsightly rashes and acne getting all their shopping in one bloody store as well as picking up the latest Dan Brown.
It's mind boggling.
My mind has been boggled.
?

Peter Wolf

Boots the booklenders.

:o

Truly mindblowing stuff especially compared to boring and mundane topics like the theory that the moon is a construct.Thats a wild out-there theory i have come across recently.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

I sat at Camden for 2 hours until all was sorted, well sort of!
The fitter came out did some stuff, said that the air pressure was okay and the vehicle was safe to drive back to the depot (90 minutes away) as it was a broken wire making the alarm sound. The only problem was that I had that bloody alarm sounding all the way back >:(

I, Cosh

Gregg's is better than Boots for lunch.
We never really die.

House of Usher

Gerbils have been fighting. One has had to be permanently rehoused in a cage of her own, and it's by no means certain the other two will be able to be reunited after being given recuperation time apart. Reuniting gerbils is complicated and fraught with danger.

:(
STRIKE !!!

satchmo

Watch Brief Encounter for Boots the booklenders evidence...

Hoagy

For lunch, Cosh? For, lunch? Hmm. Having trouble tying Greggs in with lunch. Hmm.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

TordelBack

Quote from: House of Usher on 21 March, 2010, 10:40:13 PM
Reuniting gerbils is complicated and fraught with danger.

You know, I think you'll need a bull gerbil if your farm is going to turn a profit.  I can't imagine gerbil AI is an easy process, and with CAP reform imminent grants are only likely to fall.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 21 March, 2010, 04:26:20 AM
the theory that the moon is a construct.Thats a wild out-there theory i have come across recently.

:lol: Cool, I like that one - did they say who built it? was it Tom Cruise's Thetans, David Icke's lizards or the knights templar/masons/illuminati?

wild-seven

Quote from: Dandontdare on 22 March, 2010, 01:08:10 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 21 March, 2010, 04:26:20 AM
the theory that the moon is a construct.Thats a wild out-there theory i have come across recently.

:lol: Cool, I like that one - did they say who built it? was it Tom Cruise's Thetans, David Icke's lizards or the knights templar/masons/illuminati?

My money's on the Military Industrial Complex
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

Mike Gloady

But if the moon's a construct then why bother faking the landings?  SO confused.....
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Dandontdare

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 22 March, 2010, 04:50:07 PM
But if the moon's a construct then why bother faking the landings?  SO confused.....

The landings were real, but it was all a cover for routine maintenece work obviously!

I think this may be the nutjob in question: http://www.newdawnmagazine.com/Article/Who_Built_the_Moon.html