Main Menu

How Do I Go About Finding An Artist?

Started by strontium_dog_90, 12 January, 2010, 09:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Dom

On a similar note, if anybody is interested in doing some illustrations of the cool babes featured in my incredibly crap D.I.Y website(link below, see the page marked 'Callgirls' for a very rough idea)...(no, stop, come back, not those kind of Callgirls, don't get excited) drop me a line!
:P
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Emperor

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 12 January, 2010, 04:10:52 PM
Luckily most of the writers on this forum have developed relationships with the brilliant artists lurking about.

Or have compromising Polaroids....
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

locustsofdeath!

strontium_dog_90

Thanks for the advice, guys! I knew I'd get some good pointers here  :)

If anyone is interested in providing drawing for the story, I have a copy of the tale that I can e-mail to you, please just drop me a line on here and I'll whip it over! I had a piece published and drawn on the online Scream tribute last year and thought all the artists involved were great, so anything in that style I think would work well.

Daveycandlish

Or just have a look at the art competition or advent calender on this forum - if there's someone whose art you think would suit your story, send them a PM - they can only say no; they might even say yes!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Mr Eight

Howdy S Dog, I draw stuff...I''d like to take a look at your story and see if I got the look for it..what kind of style is it?

Emperor

Quote from: Mr Eight on 12 January, 2010, 09:04:05 PMHowdy S Dog, I draw stuff...I''d like to take a look at your story and see if I got the look for it..what kind of style is it?

Welcome. Got any samples of work we can see? Just from general nosiness (not me mind, but some of the others... oh boy).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

strontium_dog_90

Quote from: Mr Eight on 12 January, 2010, 09:04:05 PM
Howdy S Dog, I draw stuff...I''d like to take a look at your story and see if I got the look for it..what kind of style is it?

It's a noir-ish style piece about vigilantes  - PM me an e-mail address and I'll let you have a look  :)

mygrimmbrother

Would usually jump at the chance SD90 but I've already agreed to illustrate 2 pieces for Starscape, so at the moment I've got enough on I think. Good luck recruiting though, I 'm sure you'll snag someone talented (there's plenty of em).

Mr Eight

Quote from: Emperor on 13 January, 2010, 12:36:11 AM
Quote from: Mr Eight on 12 January, 2010, 09:04:05 PMHowdy S Dog, I draw stuff...I''d like to take a look at your story and see if I got the look for it..what kind of style is it?

Welcome. Got any samples of work we can see? Just from general nosiness (not me mind, but some of the others... oh boy).

I've slung up a sketch on the hot dang doodle thread...(s'not very noir I know - but been working on a quick comic book style)

strontium_dog_90

Quote from: Mr Eight on 13 January, 2010, 04:28:03 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 13 January, 2010, 12:36:11 AM

I've slung up a sketch on the hot dang doodle thread...(s'not very noir I know - but been working on a quick comic book style)

That's some good stuff, I'm impressed! I'll wing over the story to you now  :)

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 13 January, 2010, 11:58:36 AM
I've already agreed to illustrate 2 pieces for Starscape, so at the moment I've got enough on I think.

And you've got time to be posting here? They ain't gonna draw themselves. Get to it!
Lock up your spoons!

mygrimmbrother

Christov