Main Menu

Dredd poster for Karl Urban signing

Started by mimikeke, 06 February, 2014, 10:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junox

mimikeke
I WANT 1 please .......... where can i get a copy  ??

Neil McClements

Very nice, figure and flag in the background looks strangely familiar  ;)

strontium71

Quote from: mimikeke on 06 February, 2014, 11:07:40 AM
haha about the kneepads, I don't think it bothered me as much =P

I did a quick color in for the suit but I dunno if I like it as much, maybe it's the helmet

Any chance of the lovely folk at Rebellion taking this on as a print to sell? It's just too good for a one off.
...because I hate you.

COMMANDO FORCES

Is that Jared Butler doing his dredd mouth?

mimikeke

Archie: haha I saw that poster on tumblr and was like oh man same composition! :p I hadn't seen it until I finished unfortunately.  I can tell you that the idea to have Dredd standing in front of the Statue of Justice and Statue of Liberty is definitely ripped from Dredd America though :) it was meant to be a tribute.

Originally I was going to draw a companion piece to this one of Starling City (Green Arrow) to get Stephen Amell to sign it this weekend as well.  That's why I laid it out the way I did.  No time though :(

mimikeke

Also originally I drew Dredd with Urban's likeness but I had to give him the chin :p

Neil McClements

Ha, no worries! Any excuse to post that back up here. I love that poster you've done, background especially  :lol:, nice job.

mimikeke

I know it's annoying though to get plagarized, I just wanted you to know I didn't do it on purpose =P

If it makes you feel better, a few days ago I did totally reblog your image on tumblr with the note that mine looked like a copy haha.  Small world!

As for those wanting a copy, I live in the US so it probably isn't feasible :)  If Rebellion wants to print it though, that's another thing  :cool:

Neil McClements

Oh no no I didn't mean it in that way, there's no problem, no plagiarism, just having a bit of fun. I kinda pinched it from the film anyway, the scene in the classroom has that flag in it.

mimikeke

@Archie: lol just wanted to make sure....sometimes sarcasm is lost in txt :)

So, super cool beans, I got Karl to sign it yesterday with "Damnit, I'm a doctor not a judge" :)  He also signed my Dredd DVD.  Also got the funniest drokkin photo ever, I asked him to make a Dredd face and the rest of us made retarded faces haha!  Sorry about the large image, I'm on my phone.

ALSO met Bill Sienkiewicz, he told me about the new Dredd cover he's working on.  He also totally complimented my work and told me he would put in a good word for me and send my work along to the publishers!  It'll never happen but still :)

junox

Congratulations on getting Urban to  add his SIG .... would be nice to see these available through rebellion.. Have you contacted them for an official poster maybe
Bill Sienkiewicz has  done amazing work , I'm sure you have met a new friend..... maybe you should start work on a new comicbook cover for the next DREDD sequel

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Steve Green

judda fett

Cool poster mimikeke, and controversially I prefer the yellow pads version :-)