Main Menu

Glad to be here!

Started by Jabberwocky, 04 January, 2016, 11:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jabberwocky

Hello, I want to start by saying how happy I am to be here. I don't have many people to talk to about comics, so am looking forward to getting involved in some discussions on the forum.

I have inherited a ton of stuff lately. I have every single issue of the megazine, the Judge dredd case files volumes 1-20 and have progs 1950 to the most recent  issue of 2000AD. I am slowly making my way through that lot on top of what I already have on my pull list. The other comic books I'm reading at the moment are East of West, Descender, Invisible Republic and Monstress.

My real name is John, but am cool with being called Jabberwocky,  my username is a bit of a hint that I'm a poet, mainly haiku. I've won awards for some of my poems and edit my own online  journal. My first collection is due to be published by Iron Press in April. As well as writing I like to draw and plan on sharing some of my sketches if people are interested. I've also been working on some future shock scripts which I'd love to get some feedback on if anyone wants to help a complete novice when it comes to writing such things.

Cheers,
J

maryanddavid

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jabberwocky on 04 January, 2016, 11:02:59 PM
Hello, I want to start by saying how happy I am to be here. I don't have many people to talk to about comics, so am looking forward to getting involved in some discussions on the forum.

Yeah that's one of the main delights of the forum for me. I don't have any friends in the 'real world' who read comics on anything like the scale I devour them so I love coming here for some informed chat about my favourite medium. If you fancy get yourself to the 'New Comic Book Day Megathread' as there's a LOT of good general comics chat there.

Invisible Republic is isn't it, I just wish more folks were reading it.

More importantly welcome aboard and have fun.

Jabberwocky

Thanks for the welcome guys!

I have just posted a couple of my sketches over in the creative commons. I'll make my way to the 'new comic book day megathread' thanks for the tip, Colin!

J

Link Prime

You're very welcome Jabberwocky.
Sounds like you've a lot of Thrill Power to get through over the next few months!