Main Menu

New Judge Dredd Partwork! (Judge Dredd Mega Collection)

Started by iutley, 04 September, 2014, 09:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: dweezil2 on 13 September, 2014, 12:45:29 PM
I'm number 9, although I'm not a number I'm a free man!

Do I win a prize?

Is so, make it cake!  ;)

That was The Schizoid Man episode I think...No.6 is reprogrammed to think he is in fact No.9....what a series.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

dweezil2

Quote from: Bubba Zebill on 13 September, 2014, 01:16:58 PM
Quote from: dweezil2 on 13 September, 2014, 12:45:29 PM
I'm number 9, although I'm not a number I'm a free man!

Do I win a prize?

Is so, make it cake!  ;)

That was The Schizoid Man episode I think...No.6 is reprogrammed to think he is in fact No.9....what a series.

Ah yes Bubba a fantastic series-you can't beat a bit of Patrick McGoohan! He turned up on an episode of Columbo I was watching the other day and of course there was that great role in Scanners.

Be seeing you!  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: dweezil2 on 13 September, 2014, 01:59:49 PM

Patrick McGoohan! He turned up on an episode of Columbo I was watching the other day

I was watching Columbo the other day, and he turned out to have directed it! Seems he directed five of them- the same number as he did for The Prisoner.

SBT

dweezil2

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 13 September, 2014, 03:55:51 PM

Patrick McGoohan! He turned up on an episode of Columbo I was watching the other day

I was watching Columbo the other day, and he turned out to have directed it! Seems he directed five of them- the same number as he did for The Prisoner.

SBT

I didn't know that, regarding Columbo!
very interesting-cheers SBT!   :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: dweezil2 on 13 September, 2014, 04:57:04 PM
Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 13 September, 2014, 03:55:51 PM

SBT

I didn't know that, regarding Columbo!
very interesting-cheers SBT!   :thumbsup:

That's right, Columbo is a bit of a gem among TV shows. Peter Falk and production seemed to think very highly of PM. Directing, writing and starring...and his stance on never being shown with a gun can only have made for more complex scripts (at least I read that, not sure of the source...I dare say he did gun scenes before he had clout).

Be seeing you!
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

iutley

Issue 2, Mechanismo, is out in the wild (as I like to call my local branch of Martins Newsagents!) I can't go into detail on contents as I've taken the plunge and subscribed so I'm waiting for my copy to pop through the letterbox. I assume that as 2 issues come together in one delivery we won't be getting Issue 2 until issue 3 is out? Maybe someone who subbed to the Marvel series can answer that one?

moldovangerbil

Quote from: iutley on 18 September, 2014, 12:15:51 PM
Issue 2, Mechanismo, is out in the wild (as I like to call my local branch of Martins Newsagents!)

Whereabouts are you based?  I picked up Issue 1 in WhSmith in deepest darkest Melton Mowbray but not seen issue 2 yet.  I'm afraid I have to say they weren't exactly flying off the shelves despite the enticing cover price.

IndigoPrime

I never saw any of these anywhere I've been. Where have people been finding them?

moldovangerbil

I think I saw somewhere in this thread that they're only trialing them in a couple of areas at the moment.  Leciestershire's one I'm guessing (as that's where I got mine) and I think round Southampton (?) may be the other.

Bolt-01

Fingers crossed there is enough interest for a national roll-out.

jackstarr

Before I realised that the current release was only on a trial basis, I mentioned it to two friends who don't read 2000ad and aren't avid comic collectors, and both said they'd definitely pick up the first couple of releases (one of my friends got suckered into the Marvel collection for a while) - so if that's anything to go by, it seems that there may just be a mainstream audience for this :)

IndigoPrime

Quote from: robcooknell on 18 September, 2014, 03:58:01 PM
I think I saw somewhere in this thread that they're only trialing them in a couple of areas at the moment.  Leciestershire's one I'm guessing (as that's where I got mine) and I think round Southampton (?) may be the other.
Yeah, those were the locations I recall. I was just wondering if they might have spread a bit. I guess not.

NSFTM

where did you get your sub number from?

all i have received so far is a confirmation email (i signed up for it on the 4/09/2014)

just trying to work out if the royal mail pixies have been delivering stuff to the nearest hedgerow,
It Could Be That The Sole Purpose Of Your Life Is To Serve As A Warning To Others

Albion

Quote from: iutley on 18 September, 2014, 12:15:51 PM
I assume that as 2 issues come together in one delivery we won't be getting Issue 2 until issue 3 is out? Maybe someone who subbed to the Marvel series can answer that one?

Yes, that will probably be the case. They are delivered two at a time.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

J.Smith

Quote from: NSFTM on 18 September, 2014, 05:25:35 PM
where did you get your sub number from?

You should get a letter in the mail at some point too, simply confirming your subscription and giving you your subscriber no. and contact details.