Main Menu

Button Man TV Show

Started by JOE SOAP, 01 January, 2016, 03:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 02 January, 2016, 08:35:38 PM
I can't say I'm looking forward to it too much - I don't see how they can get much mileage out of some Scotch lad doing drawings on Microsoft Paint and banging on about writing letters to Tharg.

Who is playing Sandi Toksvig?

Dash Decent

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 03 January, 2016, 11:50:18 AM
Quote from: Tordelback on 02 January, 2016, 08:41:11 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 02 January, 2016, 08:35:38 PM
I can't say I'm looking forward to it too much - I don't see how they can get much mileage out of some Scotch lad doing drawings on Microsoft Paint and banging on about writing letters to Tharg.

They can offset the cost of the foreign travel segments with repeated use of the same hospital set. And the wardrobe requirements are very limited.

But the catering costs will be horrific.

Not to mention the laundry bills.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Buttonman

To early to give specific details but we have Toby Jones as Anne Robinson, Jason Bateman as my cardiologist (he's a ringer!) and Sandra Bullock as the beautiful Irene.Season 1 Arc is to be 'To create a Beast' with 'Quizzing : First Class - the Weakest 15' followed by 'My Dinners with Irene' and a left field finale of 'The Jogging Dead'. Very excited.

Arthur

Wanted to thank those expressing good wishes to John Wagner and I. (it is me, really).
Will let you know if and when anything happens.

Goaty

Welcome to 2000AD Forum, Arthur. Love your works on Button Man, Anderson and Mazeworld!

Buttonman

A God walks among us! Hope all is going well Arthur and thanks for all the stunning pages down the years.

JamesC

If only Look-In was still going - then Arthur could draw the comic strip adventures of the TV series, based on the comic strip.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Arthur on 07 January, 2016, 05:05:20 PM
Wanted to thank those expressing good wishes to John Wagner and I. (it is me, really).

Bejayzus.  It's Arthur.  You are one of the greats
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Always nice when one of the comics great graces us with their presence, espacially someone as fantastic (and apparently very nice) as Mr Ranson. Thanks very much for popping by.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: JamesC on 07 January, 2016, 06:05:48 PM
If only Look-In was still going - then Arthur could draw the comic strip adventures of the TV series, based on the comic strip.

That made me giggle
Lock up your spoons!

dweezil2

Great to hear that the legendary Mr Ranson has joined the forum!

Really looking forward to the series!  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Judge Nutmeg

one of the greats has entered the building

sheridan

Quote from: Arthur on 07 January, 2016, 05:05:20 PMWanted to thank those expressing good wishes to John Wagner and I. (it is me, really).

Welcome to the forum - I'm pretty sure TV development isn't as bad as movie development hell, so let's hope we have something before the decade is out ;-)

As others have said, thanks for so much great work over the years.  It's strange to say this as Brian created the original character (and there have been so many other great artists over the years) but yours is the definitive Anderson.

Pretty sure the first time I encountered your work was in the Goodies Book of Criminal Records - who thought you'd create such great comics based on that?

Judge Nutmeg

the 2009 film the tournament owes a debt to button man book 3

Arthur

Today I received a 'Happy Holidays' gift of a leather pouch, notebooks and pen from Bad Robot.  That bodes well doesn't it?