Main Menu

The Mandalorian

Started by judgeurko, 13 November, 2019, 04:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 20 December, 2020, 02:24:47 PM
Jesus - you've been Scojo all along, haven't you?

In the end, maybe the real Scojo was the trolls we met along the way...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 December, 2020, 05:57:32 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 20 December, 2020, 02:24:47 PM
Jesus - you've been Scojo all along, haven't you?

In the end, maybe the real Scojo was the trolls we met along the way...

I would also venture that we travelled the world searching for Scojo's James Bond audition video, when all the time it was at our own doorstep.

(Yep, I haven't forgotten that it was you, TB, that had your, er, sorry, 'his' video immediately to hand when I asked for it once.  The evidence is stacking up.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Nice try JBC, but I think it's clear Scojo was actually Ken Niemand.

JayzusB.Christ

We've heard it all before, Scoje, old boy. 

In actual fact, I was away from the board for a bit and missed a lot of the Scojo madness - I did read a bit of his Dredd movie script, though, and my word, it was bad (as John Smith told him time and again on other sites).  I don't know the context of that James Bond video, but it was a thing of wonder - I can only assume he really thought he was the man for the job. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JOE SOAP

Smith

Great season,even if bit formulaic at times.

Tiplodocus

So I'm four or five episodes in (The Jedi was the last one) The level of fanwank is something to behold.

It reminds me of the climax of Time Bandits where everything that shows up is a toy from Kevin's bedroom...

But it's from my bedroom in 1983 and despite being old enough to know better, I'm playing with the toys and smashing them together to make a story.

"And then the stormtrooper transporter crashes into those spiders from the Empire Strikes Back concept art and then the blue guy from the X-Wing game unleashes his squad of Dark Troopers from Dark Forces game... and then... and then..."

Fucking marvellous!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Bolt-01

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Finally finished this. All I have to add is; I really enjoyed how the robots move like they've been animated by Harryhausen.
You may quote me on that.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Tiplodocus

It has taken me a while to accept the fan service but once I did that I liked it more (same with HOBBIT movies, I had to accept it wasn't an adaption of THE HOBBIT before I enjoyed them).

Tiplodocus

Well I spoke too soon.  That finale was a bit too much for me.

Unstoppable Jedi slicing through everything is just dull. Made me glad  THE LAST JEDI played out the way it did.

And nicking the end of the show from the main characters is unforgivable... especially after they did such a good job of building the tension for a last stand.

I've zero interest in a Boba Fett spinoff. I never thought I'd find myself in the position of choosing NOT to watch Star Wars content.

But there we are.