Main Menu

2000 AD Online Code of Conduct

Started by Wake, 12 June, 2007, 04:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake

I've just added a code of conduct to the site, as given to me by Rebellion. Most of it should be pretty obvious, but the most important bits are:

You may not use sexually explicit or ethnically offensive language

You may not defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.

If you aren't sure about something that you want to post or want to complain about something someone else has posted please email/sendmail me.

Cheers,

Wake

Link: Read me

Buttonman

This place in one week, once all the bans are implemented...

http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/button71/tumbleweed-733840.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">

Quirkafleeg

I'm surprised this hasn't happened before now, tbh.

Buttonman

11. You may not take 'personal grudges' to new threads in order to harass another user.

That'll account for a few in one fell swoop!

Dunk!

14. You may not conduct surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email...

Ploppies! Cancel the monthly comp!
"Trust we"

IndigoPrime

"Ploppies! Cancel the monthly comp!"

I think they're referring to for-profit competitions or ones with nothing to do with the board. I very much doubt the monthly art competition is the kind of thing rule 14 refers to.

WoD

Does this cover the competitions we've run ourselves in the past?

The Amstor Computer

Well, this should be interesting... :-)

A few initial queries spring to mind:

You may not use or distribute sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive language (including, by way of example, but not limited to, ethnic slurs and religious epithets).

What constitutes explicit, obscene, defamatory etc.?

Other than classifieds, you may not market, promote, advertise, or solicit products or services within the 2000 AD Message Board without prior consent.

So, any small presser has to contact Rebellion to get permission to mention their title on the board?

While using the Message Board, you will follow the instructions and guidelines of authorized Staff members at all times.

Who are? Wake? Anyone else?

VampiraJen

random thoughts as i read it...

2. You may not use...ethnically offensive language

you are big brother and i claim my five pounds.

3. You may not spam or flood with multiple posts while using the Message Board.

better watch yourself peter.

4. You may not impersonate any member of the 2000 AD Staff or other Rebellion employee, past or present.

is that including the fictional editor?

5. You may not violate any local, state, national, or international laws or regulations.

i keep stealing pens from work.  is that bad?

6. Other than classifieds, you may not market, promote, advertise, or solicit products or services within the 2000 AD Message Board without prior consent.

ebayers are screwed

8. You may not form or participate in groups whose ideology is based upon or resembles anti-religious...

aren't we all athiests?

hmm.  a long time coming, i think.  it might even be for the best.  other forums have rules of conduct.  everyone just smile as they type.

Smiley

Dunk!

Attempt at slight humour to lighten the mood, fails.

Sorry IndigoPrime, i wasn't serious.

Serious Tulkas
"Trust we"

Buttonman

It's probably off the shelf legal gubbins. I agree it's not necessarily a bad thing, as long as it's not rigourously enforced. Maybe Wake could clarify if eBay pimping, Art (and letter!) contests and small press plugs will be tolerated, as they have been for as long as the board has existed?

VampiraJen

perhaps these rules could be clearly phrased so that  we know in which context they are okay/not.  like tulkas/indigoprime pointed out, is that including things like art comps, or are all things related to 2000ad okay, everything else not?  honestly i'm confused.  and what happens the minuted we step out of line, even by accident.  are we know walking a tightrope.

not attacking anyone or anything, these are just random thoughts that are popping into my head

Wake

I've checked with Rebellion and removed 'contests' from 14.

I imagine that there made be a few more edits over the next day or so.

Cheers,

Wake

Smiley

It's probably off the shelf legal gubbins

Yeah, but it says 10. You may not harass other players or 2000 AD Staff. Who are the players?

Could really do with some clarification. (Just being mercenary, y'see, 'cause I've won some neat stuff off boarders competitions in the past and don't want those to end.)