Spoilers > Prog

Prog 2291 - Heart of Darkness

(1/5) > >>

Colin YNWA:
Half the Dexter, added Jaegir and there we have our key difference.

There's an interesting comparison better Dredd and Brink the first two thrill. Both have story elements weaving in and out, twisting and turning and require close attention. Dredd uses a time gimmick as a crutch to distill its story elements through. Its not bad at all, it just feel convulated for convuluateds sake. Like its really trying to intrigue. Which is fine BUT when sat next to Brink which weaves its turns and twists its tale in a far more organic closely observed, natural way it exposes however decent the Dredd is it can't compare to Brink. The craft is more clumsy... clumsy is unfair, its just not as beautifully deft.

It also makes for an interesting, dense opening to the Prog.

That dense, attention demanding opening is immediately relieved when Skip Tracer pops up next and define disposible stuff. Its so not bad its painful.

Dexter harks back to one of the great twisty turny tales 'Fist full of Dollars' and yet wonderfully avoids the gun play. Its great.

Jaegir gives us a darkly grim opening to enjoy to wrap things up...

funny things is a love a 5 thrill prog, a 4 thrill, even with a double hitter always feels light... but much as I love Jaegir this Dexter is on fire and I almost wish we had more of that!

Good prog.

Richard:
Tharg confirms in the letters page that the Penitent Man / Honest Man stories by Ken Niemand and Tom Foster will be a trilogy!

Trooper McFad:

--- Quote from: Richard on 19 July, 2022, 11:16:03 AM ---Tharg confirms in the letters page that the Penitent Man / Honest Man stories by Ken Niemand and Tom Foster will be a trilogy!

--- End quote ---

That’s good news and a collected “web shop” edition would part me with some cash 😁

broodblik:
Cover by Cliff Robinson and Dylan Teague:

broodblik:
Cover and Logo:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version